High School --- 1957 Vs 2011
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > High School --- 1957 Vs 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default High School --- 1957 Vs 2011

You should know that by today's standards none of us was supposed to ever make it.
HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2011

Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2011 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2011 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it .

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2011 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2011 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse, Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock .

2011 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2011 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Jack takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2011 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Jack is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Jack's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Steven fails a test exam. He takes it hard and is found crying and emotional by his teacher, Mary. Mary talks to him, reassures him, and pats him on the shoulders to comfort him.

1957 – In a short time, Steven feels better and is confidant and determined to do better on the next exam in the future.

2011 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Steven undergoes 5 years of therapy.

This should hit every email inbox to show how stupid we have become as a society!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sadly true.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 06-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Sad but very true, indeed

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #4

Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Very true and it's a sad state of affairs that we have to live with today in bringing up our children. I am glad that mine are all grown. I just feel bad for my grand children...................

Jim......

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 06-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #5

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

In 1977 I brought by 12 gauge shotgun into school to give a speech on gun cleaning for speech class. Nobody raised an eyebrow. It was in a vinyl case as I walked down the hall.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm sure these things are true in some parts of the country, but where i graduated, we had a kid bring a shotgun to school because he had come straight from hunting to school, he got a slap on the wrist. Me and my buddies made what could readily be describbed as a "bomb" and blew it up in a neighborhood where my friend lived. Windows shook, car alarms went off. Thats all that came of that, and the smoldering crater.... I don't see how people can handle living anywhere but the south, if what was said is how it works in the rest of the country....

We did have a guy get pulled over for driving his lawnmower down the road though, blocked traffic leaving school. That was funny

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 06-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #7

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Here in St.Louis...There not showing kids how to wright their names anymore...How can you go thought life not signing anything...John Hancock would role-over in his grave...is rolling over right now.....Give me a car or house,with my X as a signiture....

Old 06-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Here in St.Louis...There not showing kids how to wright their names anymore...How can you go thought life not signing anything...John Hancock would role-over in his grave...is rolling over right now.....Give me a car or house,with my X as a signiture....
Is this written in jest?

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #9

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Seen it on the Five-o-Clock News....Last Week.....

Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
No offense but my daughter knew how to write her name before she went to kindergarten.

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."