Hideout Gun Safe?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hideout Gun Safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8810 Times on 5094 Posts
Likes Given: 11482

Default Hideout Gun Safe?

A buddy of mine has several gun safes, only one of which is at all obvious. The rest are disguised to appear as something entirely different or hidden from sight in outbuildings. He does it so if burglars or the government ever come for his guns they will only get the few he has in the obvious safe (if they can get in it!) unless they search with gun-smellin' dogs or something.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Any of you do the same thing or something similar? (Not too much detail of course)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 109

If the government came, it would be with a swat team. Then you would be out-gunned and outnumbered. If the government came, it would be most likely the DEA or BATF. And someone you know, like your x-spouse, ratted you out about your home grown pot plants and your side business selling dope.

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-23-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #3

In your house, Vike, in Los Gatos, the town of the cats, very rich, very beautiful, up in the hills south of the city-scape, it would most likely be burglars, who came.

Best thing would be a really big gun safe screwed and bolted to the floor in your bedroom next to your bed.

Since it is unlikely that the local sheriff would grant you a CCW permit, and it is not worth posting the $1 million bond by which the Peoples Republic of California deprives you of your 2nd Amendment rights, you are vulnerable to a mugging or home invasion from the time you get home to the time you can get into your house and unlock your gun safe.

But from that moment in which you do accomplish it, your .45 ACP and your .44 mag revolver on the top shelf of the safe should protect you from anyone already in the house, that you don't know of, or anyone coming to your door selling magazines and casing your house at the same time.

Would you need another safe hidden somewhere? I cannot think of any reason why you would.

Everything has its price. And for the privilege of living in The Golden State, you must sacrifice your full 2nd Amendment rights to the nuts, fruits, and loonies in government here.

[Favorite songs come to mind, now, like "Oh I was I was in de' land of cotton ... ."]

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-23-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
If the government came, it would be with a swat team. Then you would be out-gunned and outnumbered. If the government came, it would be most likely the DEA or BATF. And someone you know, like your x-spouse, ratted you out about your home grown pot plants and your side business selling dope.
Ha! that's what I'm talking about. If they came with a SWAT team they would only find the obvious gun safe in the bedroom. I'm not suggesting a pitched gunfight. They can only confiscate what they can find. Once they find out there are no pot plants and I don't sell dope the guns they have taken may or may not be returned. I have heard that it is not likely that they will return them here in the PROC.

Where in Cali are you SHOOBEE?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Ha! that's what I'm talking about. If they came with a SWAT team they would only find the obvious gun safe in the bedroom. I'm not suggesting a pitched gunfight. They can only confiscate what they can find. Once they find out there are no pot plants and I don't sell dope the guns they have taken may or may not be returned. I have heard that it is not likely that they will return them here in the PROC.

Where in Cali are you SHOOBEE?
Well you can never defend yourself against a false accusation. That's why Moses put it into the 10 Commandments, but a lot of good that did anyway.

DEA and ATF are famous for raids on the wrong location too.

If they came with a swat team I would probably take out the first 5 with my .44 then I would be loading my Mossberg in the dark with the shells I keep in the box on the second shelf. By the time I could tell they were uniformed, the news media would probably be arriving. It would be another trial of the century.

I keep my gunsafe open from the minute I get home to the minute I leave the next morning for work, or whatever. The top shelf is reserved for the revolver. I will soon be parking a Ruger .45 ACP next to it too. Whenever I go to the door, the S&W is too big to put into a pocket. So lately I have been grabbing a rapier instead. I would prefer a nice .45 in my jacket pocket instead.

The dill-weed might be wondering why I am wearing a bomber jacket inside my own house? But so what.

Kerleys in Cupertino is where I buy all my guns. Always have. Always will. If the PROC wants to know what I have they can check there. I get my ammo from Cabella's by mail order.
rapier.jpg  

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-23-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #6

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Well you can never defend yourself against a false accusation. That's why Moses put it into the 10 Commandments, but a lot of good that did anyway.

If they came with a swat team I would probably take out the first 5 with my .44 then I would be loading my Mossberg in the dark with the shells I keep in the box on the second shelf. By the time I could tell they were uniformed, the news media would probably be arriving. It would be another trial of the century.

I keep my gunsafe open from the minute I get home to the minute I leave the next morning for work, or whatever. The top shelf is reserved for the revolver. I will soon be parking a Ruger .45 ACP next to it too. Whenever I go to the door, the S&W is too big to put into a pocket. So lately I have been grabbing a rapier instead. I would prefer a nice .45 in my jacket pocket instead.

The dill-weed might be wondering why I am wearing a bomber jacket inside my own house? But so what.

Kerleys in Cupertino is where I buy all my guns. Always have. Always will. If the PROC wants to know what I have they can check there. I get my ammo from Cabella's by mail order.
Somebody has been watching too many movies.

If, heaven forbid, the SWAT boys ever come for you, they will get you, if you shoot at them, there will be no need for a trial. You will either go quietly, or very, very quietly. If they do their job right, you won't have a chance to commit suicide, by breaking bad, cause after the flash-bang goes off in your room, at 3:17 AM, you will be too busy with a bowel movement to worry about your handy bedside gun.

As far as hiding something where a dedicated search team won't find it; forget it. They will take your house apart stick by stick, dig up every inch of your, and your neighbors yards. If you hide something where they can't find it, you won't be able to get to it.

The best thing to do is be a good boy and vote smartly to try to avoid such situations.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-24-2012, 01:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Somebody has been watching too many movies.

If, heaven forbid, the SWAT boys ever come for you, they will get you, if you shoot at them, there will be no need for a trial. You will either go quietly, or very, very quietly. If they do their job right, you won't have a chance to commit suicide, by breaking bad, cause after the flash-bang goes off in your room, at 3:17 AM, you will be too busy with a bowel movement to worry about your handy bedside gun.

... The best thing to do is be a good boy and vote smartly to try to avoid such situations.
Chainfire that is not how I react. I shoot first and ask questions later.

The headlines would read "Florida vet guns down swat team in the night."

All those alligators trained me well.

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-24-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:00 AM   #8

Quote:

What can I say? Its a plan.

I go to Kerley's as well sometimes. Not making many purchases these days. Did a private party transfer there a couple of weeks ago. I called Sportsmen's Supply in Campbell because they are very close to the seller's house. They want over $100 for a PP transfer in the store! I asked if they would meet the $35 at Big 5 and at Kerley's and they said no!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Chainfire that is not how I react. I shoot first and ask questions later.

The headlines would read "Florida vet guns down swat team in the night."

All those alligators trained me well.
I dont think alligators throw falshbangs or come at you with automatic weapons and body armor. Because if they did i would already have one as a pet!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
What can I say? Its a plan.

I go to Kerley's as well sometimes. Not making many purchases these days. Did a private party transfer there a couple of weeks ago. I called Sportsmen's Supply in Campbell because they are very close to the seller's house. They want over $100 for a PP transfer in the store! I asked if they would meet the $35 at Big 5 and at Kerley's and they said no!
So have you got any double-action .45 ACPs with an exposed hammer for sale?