Hi-Point Firearms questions - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hi-Point Firearms questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 03:20 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Just to provide a counterpoint to this thread, it is my opinion that Glocks are garbage. No, I don't own one, but I certainly have read bad reports about them, and would never buy a firearm which contains plastic parts. (Aside from grips, that is. Certainly not a recoil spring rod.)

"Hi-points are ugly, poorly constructed and have bad ergonomics. My wife's .380, though, has never misfed and never failed to go bang when the trigger is pulled. It has decent accuracy, even with cheap ammo."

"I paid a little over $100 for it with tax, licensing and 5 boxes of ammo. We've got at least $100 worth of fun out of it. I'd try to steer someone away from buying them in favor of a higher quality firearm, but they do function well and the company backs their product very well."

What the Hell sort of a review is it when you say it's a POS but it works like a champ? Accuracy issues are rarely related to the weapon, BTW. Show me a person whose hand is more steady than a weld, and I'll change my tune.
Guns don't miss people. People do.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #32

Painted , with money as tight as it seems to be for you don't whiz away $100+ on a POS like a High Point . Even if you get lucky and get a good one that works you'll eventually get better guns and get sick to death of looking at the thing and the resale on it will be next to nothing unless you can find some other poor sucker to buy it .

I went to visit my nephew a few years back and his younger brother was there trying to talk him into going shooting , on the table was a Hi-Point 45 while he went to ask his wife if he could go I picked up and examined the thing it was huge and about as ergonimical as a brick had a horrible trigger pull and crappy sights . The younger nephew commented on the fact they had gone shooting the weekend B4 and spent the time clearing jams on this monstrosity of a joke for a firearm . When the older one returned to the room I tried to play the supportive uncle because it was his first handgun and when I asked how it shot he just turned red and said it was the biggest waste of money he had ever spent money on .

Save you pennies and buy a used police trade in J&G has Sig's for under $300 and others can be found .

I would buy a Mil surplus PA-63 for under $200 long before I bought a Hi Point .

Some guns like an Armscor 1911 are inexpensive guns then there are the "Cheap" ones a Hi Point is a cheap one just like a Jennings or Raven 25 acp , it might serve well in the role of a stickup or murder gun where you would be shooting some1 in the back but it's far from a fighting gun for defending your life that's why they make 1911's .

Old 06-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #33

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Take advice from people who already own what you want to buy, leave the other bull**** by the wayside, where it belongs...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"