Hi-Point Firearms questions - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hi-Point Firearms questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 04:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default speaking from experience

I have owned both the 9mm carbine and the 9mm pistol the carbine as stated before are great shooters. The 9mm pistol always went bang, but that was about the best i could say for it. It is like a brick when you run out of ammo you could just throw it at someone. Also they only hold 10 rounds. It is not good for defence but it is better than nothing. And for the Rough Riders i had one that was just the .22 lr i dident have the 22 mag cyclender for it. I love that little pistol was a good shooter and never had any problems with timing. I used it a few times to shoot squirrels in the yard. Just my two cents and you do have to buy what you like. Thanks Anthony

Old 05-26-2008, 06:08 AM   #12

Thanks for the reviews herp_man2003.

I have been checking out the Hi-point C-9. There seems to be a lot of favorable reviews for them. Especially because of their low price.

I also do not seem to be able to find too much negative regarding the rough rider.
Was the review you found on-line RL357Mag? I cannot seem to locate it.

Well, I am heavily considering both of these guns and may or may not end up with them. I am thinking if I do get both of them I will have something fun to shoot while saving up for a really nice $400.00-$600.00 handgun that will be my "baby". I am Thinking Glock 17 (plus a .22 conversion kit for practice) or Taurus 1911....but those are nothing more than dreams at this point. Not even gonna try to get into deciding that until the time comes.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Last edited by painted_klown; 05-26-2008 at 06:30 AM.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_klown View Post
Well, I am heavily considering both of these guns....
Be careful there or you'll end up with a wish list longer than your arm!!!! Not that there's anything wrong with that....

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Be careful there or you'll end up with a wish list longer than your arm!!!! Not that there's anything wrong with that....
LOL, That is my problem already. Being new to guns and discovering that guns are like microphones. They all basically do the "same" thing. All guns shoot bullets and all microphones pick up sounds. The thing is that there are certain guns that are better for specific uses, there are several great "all purpose" types, a lot of quality manufacturers to choose from, various price ranges, guns that are just "cool" to own, ect..

It would take me winning the lottery to be able to get all of the guns I have been eyeballing so far....and I am sure it will get worse as I go along. HAHHAHA!!

That is why I take a lot of things and opinions into consideration prior to making any gun purchase. With my Marlin model 60 it just happened to be luck that I bought a decent gun. I was just asking "what are your cheap ones" LOL. Probably not a good idea to continue to keep using that method to pick my purchases.

Anyway, yeah. My wish list is already out of control. I am just trying to be realistic about it at this time. (it's difficult)

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:08 AM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Anyway, yeah. My wish list is already out of control. I am just trying to be realistic about it at this time. (it's difficult)
It was the same for me. Long story short, I heard a rapping at my little girl's window one dark am and decided to become a gun owner. Once I decided that, I also decided I'd become familiar with all types of guns. So I need a small and large bore revolver, a large and small bore pistol, a small and large bore rifle: bolt, semi, scoped, and lever. Of course, a shotgun is needed. Then my love of history took over and I got a C&R which allowed me to purchase a '03 Springfield, a M1 Garand, and a M1 Carbine.

So much to buy, so little money!!!!!

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-27-2008, 05:56 AM   #16

Quote:
So much to buy, so little money!!!!!
There have never been truer words spoken. HAHAHA. I will keep everyone posed on what guns I buy and how they work out for me as I get them. Who knows, maybe my posts will help someone else who is looking for their "first" or even "next" gun.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:24 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the reviews herp_man2003.

Was the review you found on-line RL357Mag? I cannot seem to locate it.

It was several years ago and I think it was in Gun Test Magazine. They were testing various inexpensive .22 revolvers. It's a good magazine because they don't advertise or accept advertising dollars, so generally their reviews are honest unjaded tests. I consult that mag pretty much before every purchase. A buddy of mine brought his Heritage to my house about 12 years ago. It shot fine, but was cheaply made - he had the .22 mag cylinder but we didn't shoot mags that day. I enjoyed it. Only complaint I had were the plastic grips..
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-31-2008, 03:34 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
There have never been truer words spoken. HAHAHA. I will keep everyone posed on what guns I buy and how they work out for me as I get them. Who knows, maybe my posts will help someone else who is looking for their "first" or even "next" gun.
That's how it works Painted_Klown! Many of my purchases were after hearing how much other people enjoyed what they bought. My frist WWII rifle was a British SMLE No.1 MKIII that a friend suggested I buy. He bought one for himself and one for me for $59 each at a hardware store in Ct. I put a cheap 4x Bushnell scope on it and it turned out to be one of the most accurate bolt actions I own. My buddy shot a wild boar with his. I'm still trying to get that big buck with mine. Bought match grade AR-15 in .223 and another in .308 this past winter. Now I have my eyes on a Dragunov SVD sniper rifle. I really should be buying a very large gun safe instead! You'll always have more guns than you need, but not as many as you want!

Old 05-31-2008, 03:40 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
It was the same for me. Long story short, I heard a rapping at my little girl's window one dark am and decided to become a gun owner. So much to buy, so little money!!!!!

That's a scary event for sure! Where do you live? The idiot cop that issued my CCW many years ago told me, and I quote " now this doesn't mean that you can shoot someone for breaking into your house at night...I could, but I'd have a lot of paper work to fill out"

I felt like inviting him over at 3 am to test that theory!

Old 05-31-2008, 07:05 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

last night my mom caught a burglar breaking into her house. i dont live at home, and my gun safe is kept at her house. well she went to the basement and took out my shotgun. caught the guy in the kitchen (which is at the top of the basement staircase where the safe is) cocked the gun, told him to get out or lay on the ground till the cops showed. he ran, and she was glad she didn't have to shoot someone, but she wants me to take her to get a shotgun of her own. she knew my 12 ga would knock her on her ass, so she wants a nice 20 ga. im getting my old shotgun back from my dad for her to work with and see how she likes it.