Hi - I have a problem - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hi - I have a problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 414 Times on 228 Posts

Yeah probably not the best. But last week she told me if I came home with the Springfield micro compact .45 acp before Christmas she was gonna use it on me. But she let's me usually buy new toys when I have the money without any questions. Also she is now wanting me to start buying her guns to instead of just bigger framed stuff so she can go to the range with me

let the bullets do the talking!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1046 Times on 631 Posts
Likes Given: 229

I don't have any money either... but this was a deal too good to pass up.

Funny story, we have to get permits to purchase from the local PD. After the first two purchases, I told the secretary that was it for awhile. She started laughing. After the 2nd two, told her we're done. She said, "if I could have a dollar for everytime I hear that". I let SWMBO turn in the registration on the new one

Old 10-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
After the 2nd two, told her we're done. She said, "if I could have a dollar for everytime I hear that".
I guess people are all the same. I bought my first rifle, a cheap Savage .22 bolt, last January thinking "this'll be enough for me for a while." Less than a month later I bought a shotgun. Here it is 9 months later and I have 2 pistols, 3 shotguns, and 4 rifles. I just weighed the box I keep my ammo in and I have 80 pounds of bang in there.

Dave

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
- The Simpsons

Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

there is no known cure for this addiction! there is no known treatment, all you can do is suffer through it. i have this addiction for over forty years, and it gets worse. when i buy another gun, the high soon wears off, and i need another fix! like many, my checkbook is the limiting factor, but am very fortunate to have a very understanding and loving wife. she even enjoys shooting some of them with me. she told me the other day, that she would like to have a 357 magnum revolver like she had years ago. she doesn't know a lot about guns, but best i can tell, she had an older Smith with a 4" barrel. well i guess she has the addiction also now, just not as bad as me!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #15
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

yep,like all addictions..this one keeps you broke as well....doesnt help i have 2 other addicts in the family.

I have found guns are like kids, easy to acquire, hard to keep fed!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
yep,like all addictions..this one keeps you broke as well....doesnt help i have 2 other addicts in the family.

I have found guns are like kids, easy to acquire, hard to keep fed!
i'm lucky, just the wife and me! i always show her guns i'm interested in to see her reaction.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i'm lucky, just the wife and me! i always show her guns i'm interested in to see her reaction.
Wife doesnt have much reaction..she just likes to make 'em go bang...then shove the target in my face and say "YOU BETTER WATCH IT BUB!!"

(she shoots better than i do....i have split emotions!! My manly pride is hurt getting beat up by a relative noob, after my 30+ years of shooting and 10 of it competition. Then my swelling pride in seeing my student do so well)

Old 10-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Wife doesnt have much reaction..she just likes to make 'em go bang...then shove the target in my face and say "YOU BETTER WATCH IT BUB!!"

(she shoots better than i do....i have split emotions!! My manly pride is hurt getting beat up by a relative noob, after my 30+ years of shooting and 10 of it competition. Then my swelling pride in seeing my student do so well)
my wife doesnt shoot better than me, but i'm glad she does enjoy it. my first two wives didn't have any interest and couldn't understand why i had to have so many guns. i told both of them in the past, when they stopped shopping for clothes all the time, i would stop buying guns. plus i explained, clothes wear out and lose money and have to be replaced, guns don't wear out and can increase in value!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #19

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Why fight it?

..SUBMIT

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Why fight it?

..SUBMIT
Never been the submissive type.