He's Back

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > He's Back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Default He's Back

After not seeing him or her for about a year guess who was in the front yard around 7:30PM the other evening. I had not see my friend since it was seemingly only a cub around two years old a year ago. Last time I got a photo shot of it I only got a head picture from the rear. But easily identified it as a small Black Bear. Sure growing! We know there are some around but we do not see them often on North Central Tennessee. Most residents have never seen one in the area. Of course in the Great Smokey Mountains 3 hours East of us there are plenty. Thought I would share the pictures with you.
Yes he is eating corn! Finally got tired and laid down to dine!

september-2012-bear-cub.jpg   sept-2012-bear-cub-1.jpg   september-2012-bear-cub-3.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Poisoned corn, i hope? Maybe you could use some incindiery material to POP that corn for him; he might enjoy the show from the afterlife.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

"That's him officer! That's the bear that has haunting my poor boy!" Mommy 'Gello

Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #4

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
After not seeing him or her for about a year guess who was in the front yard around 7:30PM the other evening. I had not see my friend since it was seemingly only a cub around two years old a year ago. Last time I got a photo shot of it I only got a head picture from the rear. But easily identified it as a small Black Bear. Sure growing! We know there are some around but we do not see them often on North Central Tennessee. Most residents have never seen one in the area. Of course in the Great Smokey Mountains 3 hours East of us there are plenty. Thought I would share the pictures with you.
Yes he is eating corn! Finally got tired and laid down to dine!
Completely off subject, but can you explain to me all the icons and wording along the bottom of the pictures? It's kinda cool.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #5

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

So that bear may have crossed I 75 at some point.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Mudpup,

Yes these pictures I did not take with my digital camera. It was taken with my Primo Truth Cam 60 Trail Camera in the front yard at the treeline. It is mounted on a tree. The Date and Time are also listed at the bottom to tell when the animal was there. We also use these cameras at the hunting lease to track game as far as movement times and etc. You can go on the Primos Website and see the cameras. It has an infrared flash that does not scare the animals although they can see a red glow when it flashes on.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #7

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Right as I read that I thought, "I bet 'Gello will get to this before anyone else".

-Matt

texaswoodworker Likes This