Here's a new random question thread - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Here's a new random question thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1357 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Lace up. I had severe trauma to my left foot & ankle so I wear them for protection and support. I have a pair of steel-toe western pull-on boots that I use if I have to go outside quick, but on rough terrain the lace-ups are better...your feet won't move around as much inside and your legs won't tire out as quick.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 10-30-2011, 04:10 AM   #12

Sorry I have been at work all day. Just now got home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
DO NOT go by a $49 pair of boots at Wally World.
I have a pair from WM and those are the ones I use when doing yard work or whatever like that. And the honestly feel better on my feet than my Nike tennis shoes. And the don't hurt my knee (which has had 2 surgeries and looking at a total replacement).

Speaking of working environment. I have put applications in all over the place. Power company. Railroad. Honda plant. But I recently got accepted to take the test to go to work for US Steel as a electrical maintenance tech. This means that I am in the hiring process now.

What about comfort of brands? Do you think one is more comfortable than others?

Old 10-30-2011, 04:14 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have found that just about any boot can be made specifically more comfortable when the two following additons are added.

1) Good socks. Can't be over stated that good socks that don't make your feet soak in your own sweat is a must.

2) Superfeet Inserts. Best damn inserts out there. Find the right style for your kind of foot (arch, walking style-pronate/supponate, etc) slip them into the boots and feel the Ahhhhh!

JD

Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 AM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I wear CAT steel toed boots for my work on heavy equipment. Do not get slip on boots as after a few hours in the wet or when your feet start to sweat you will have a boot that slides on your foot.
As Dillinger said you will be issued boots at a union shop. I spend anywhere between $100 to $150 per pair.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.