Here' Yer Day In Court A-Hole! - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Here' Yer Day In Court A-Hole!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 286 Times on 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Huh?
Exactly. Why's this worth posting. Was the guy right, are there no laws against taping in court? If so he's a pioneer poking holes in an already very swisscheesed system and I aplaud him for furthering the effort.

If he was wrong, why did the idiot "badges" let him in with the camera? Then, furthermore, why'd they not site statute and warn him he could be arested for his actions? Then, why didn't they arest him?

Seems to me that if he were in the wrong or even right, the "authorities" handeled everything extremely poor and should be shown for their ignorances.

Am I wrong here?

Old 10-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #12

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Oh that's funny!

Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

that dipsh!t was asking for it - go looking for trouble, and you are sure to find it...

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

People Like This 
Old 10-27-2012, 03:25 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

To answer your first question, its worth posting because most everybody enjoys a good Tazing!

To answe the other questions it depends on what state the guy was in at the time. Different states have different laws covering cameras in the courtroom. In California you must have permission from the Judge beforehand (a couple of days I think) and only one still camera and one TV camera is allowed. The media must arrange pooling the images independent of the court (failing to allow access to all media would probably cause the Judge to revoke permission). There is a law covering this, but I don't happen to know the code for it.

It appears to me in the recording that the guy turned off his camera, entered the courtroom, then began recording again, probably because the deputies told him he could not record inside the courtroom. It was pretty obvious that he was going to be a pain in the ass from the get-go, so I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Whatever his motives were he went about it in the wrong way and defeated the purpose.

Mr. Zappy makes you unhappy!

Zap! Zap! = "Stop! Please!"

Old 10-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #15

Still don't get the post nor the responses.

The only people in the wrong are the "badges" in this situation. Unknowledgable and improperly handled. Here's why I say that, and if I'm wrong I'd love to be educated as to why. It's very possible I'm missing something here:

If it's illegal to record in court it's the duty of the officers to state such and place him under arest for not complying. Unless they have no aithority to arest. In which case they shouldn't even be there.

If it's not illegal, he was within his rights to do exactly what he did and that's all that matters, rendering the point of this post and its supportive replies as incompetent and ignorant as the "badges" in the video.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have risked pooping my pants being tased over testing my "rights", but I absolutely cheer his willingness to do so for me.

I heavily support any and all righteous challenging of the self-imposed authority that runs this "free world".

Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

bottom line, sh!thead went looking for trouble - he found it. As for what the "law" states in this case, none of us on here know as we were not there - its all speculation. I am all for questioning things when they appear to me to be not right - but this jackass was just looking for a fight - there are other ways to accomplish things or make your point without being a dick

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

People Like This 
Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroman
bottom line, sh!thead went looking for trouble - he found it. As for what the "law" states in this case, none of us on here know as we were not there - its all speculation. I am all for questioning things when they appear to me to be not right - but this jackass was just looking for a fight - there are other ways to accomplish things or make your point without being a dick
Incorrect, as a matter of fact. He went looking for proof and he got it. Proof of negligence, ignorance, incompetence and, worst of all, injustice within the walls of a building set to uphold suposed judicial laws.

I didn't see him being a dick at all. He was an idiot, "I'm not a person, I'm a man...", wow what a moron. However, he was the only one there showing no aggression, from what the video showed, and that's all we have to go on.

I can't say he went looking for trouble, nor can you. However, did he, I'm glad he found it. Not because I think he got what he "deserved", but because he got to what we all deserve to witness and be educated upon. It's just sad that some refuse to see through their own inferrences and projections.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #18

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

I think when you run around, threatening to sue evryone for what you think they might do, you're being aggressive.

I think, when you try and push me to get through a door, you've committed a crime, punishable by me whoopin your azz.

I think everyone the guy was trying to start crap with showed incredible restraint.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Agreed TWMIM... he just kept pushing their buttons until enough was enough. He obviously wanted to get tazed or worse. The smart mouthed "boy" should have just given the camera to his mommy who was there with him.

Last edited by astroman; 10-27-2012 at 04:28 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #20
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Still don't get the post nor the responses.

The only people in the wrong are the "badges" in this situation. Unknowledgable and improperly handled. Here's why I say that, and if I'm wrong I'd love to be educated as to why. It's very possible I'm missing something here:

If it's illegal to record in court it's the duty of the officers to state such and place him under arest for not complying. Unless they have no aithority to arest. In which case they shouldn't even be there.

If it's not illegal, he was within his rights to do exactly what he did and that's all that matters, rendering the point of this post and its supportive replies as incompetent and ignorant as the "badges" in the video.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have risked pooping my pants being tased over testing my "rights", but I absolutely cheer his willingness to do so for me.

I heavily support any and all righteous challenging of the self-imposed authority that runs this "free world".
The incident took place in the Kootenai County, Idaho Courthouse. Idaho law regarding cameras in the courtroom is as follows:

Quote:
Idaho

Rule 45 of the Idaho Court Administrative Rules (ICAR) allows extended coverage of all public proceedings, provided permission to cover a proceeding is obtained in advance from the presiding judge, and ICAR Rule 46 provides guidelines for the use of cameras in appellate proceedings.

In trial courts, the presiding judge may prohibit coverage or order that the identity of a participant be concealed when such coverage would have a substantial adverse effect upon that participant. Coverage of the jury, adoptions, mental health proceedings and other proceedings closed to the public is prohibited. Permission to photograph or broadcast a proceeding must be sought, in advance, from the presiding judge. Electronic flash or artificial lighting is prohibited, and the television camera may not “give any indication of whether it is operating”. Only one still photographer and one camera operator is permitted in the courtroom, and any pooling arrangements must be made by the media.

Pursuant to ICAR Rule 46(a), cameras may be set up or taken down in the press box overlooking the Supreme Court Courtroom as long as they do not distract from the judicial proceedings.� Flash photography or the use of additional lighting for video photography is prohibited. The court will provide an audio feed for television cameras and audio recorders, but no separate microphones may be used.

Authority: Rules 45 & 46, Idaho Court Administrative Rules.
The "badges" handled him with much more respect than he was giving them. As I said, it depends on the state you are in. Usually the rules are posted as you enter the courthouse, at least they are here in CA. They did tell him that cameras were not allowed in the courtroom, multiple times. At 2:10 he is told that in order to have a camera in the courtroom he needs a court order to do so. He replies that the law does not apply to him because "I am not a person", whatever that means (besides the fact he is not playing with a full deck). Do you really think that it would have made any difference to the guy if they had stated the code for the law respecting recording in a courtroom? He wouldn't even give his name when asked, but at the same time was asking for names and mockingly using them in an attempt to intimidate the deputies for Pete's sake! Do you think that they should have arrested him right off the bat when they observed him recording in the courtroom? Or are you going to go ahead and keep assuming that he was within his rights to be doing exactly as he did and the cops were the ones completely in the wrong?

Oh, and he did get arrested, but only after almost 10 minutes of being a complete dickhead (I am not a "person", I am a "Man." "I don't have a name. But you can call me Robert". And all sorts of other BS.)

Do us a favor BeyondTheBox and just unsubscribe to this thread and leave us to our fun.