Here goes my rant....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Here goes my rant....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

So sunday im driving down the highway in my truck and my passenger window suddenly rolls down and wouldnt go back up. I go back home and start taking the door apart, couldnt get the panel off so i took it to a friends house who used to be a mechanic at a ford dealer. We got the window up so the seat wouldnt get wet and he says i need a new window regulator and motor. He called oriellys in town and they said it would be in tuesday....

Fast forward to today. I go to get my parts and the only thing they have is a motor....wtf. The counter guy says itll be in tomorrow...and another 100 bucks of course.

After i got home i decided to call them just to double check im getting what i need and talked to a different guy. He says they can get a motor but not the regulator, not available. So what the **ck did you order?

I got a little heated so i decided to start over with a different auto parts store, decided to call advance auto parts. I told the lady on the phone, power window regulator w/ motor (said it 3 times) passenger side for 04 F-150. No problem sir itll be here tomorrow at 3 pm for 95 bucks.

Oreillys wanted 160, dont ask me how they gave me a price for an item they cant get...wtf?

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #2

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Dont you know you gotta send your wife in to those places. your not going to get anything accomplished .... My hubby sent me and my sister to the autozone a couple yrs ago to get a water pump for his car wearing some tube tops and hoochie shorts. Not only did we get the 15% discount they usually give to repair shops, but they almost shut the store down for 45min so 2 of them could go out in the parking lot and put it on . LOL.... We gave them some bogus phone numbers and rolled outa there.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 12-21-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2890 Times on 1668 Posts
Likes Given: 1239

The wife's car got hit by the "Dodge magnum stuck in Park" last Friday.
What happened is the Brake Transmission Interlock Safety latch broke where a spring is attached. The piece that broke off is smaller than a new born's thumb nail.

Ordered the part Saturday, got it yesterday, and spent all day removing console, ashtray, heater / ac control panel, shifter mechanism, and disassembling the shifter mechanism, replacing the part and reassembling the car.

All for a little piece. Someone placed a youtube video.
dodge magnum stuck in park - Yahoo! Video Search

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-21-2011, 01:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
Dont you know you gotta send your wife in to those places. your not going to get anything accomplished .... My hubby sent me and my sister to the autozone a couple yrs ago to get a water pump for his car wearing some tube tops and hoochie shorts. Not only did we get the 15% discount they usually give to repair shops, but they almost shut the store down for 45min so 2 of them could go out in the parking lot and put it on . LOL.... We gave them some bogus phone numbers and rolled outa there.
Haha thats great...dont always work tho. My wife took her 06 explorer to get an oil change at pennzoil cause i didnt have time to do it. They ended up talking her into an engine flush, tranny flush, changing all fluids including rear diff, cooling system flush....cost well over 200. I was lit up, of course i couldnt do anything about it cause shes the R.O. and she agreed to it.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #5

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 791

Hey, its better than what I get at the part stores... "Is that for a Chevy or a Ford International??

Old 12-21-2011, 02:08 AM   #6

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Haha thats great...dont always work tho. My wife took her 06 explorer to get an oil change at pennzoil cause i didnt have time to do it. They ended up talking her into an engine flush, tranny flush, changing all fluids including rear diff, cooling system flush....cost well over 200. I was lit up, of course i couldnt do anything about it cause shes the R.O. and she agreed to it.
Yea, they get me for that stuff at the quickie lubes too... But i dont have much choice, my husband dosn't even own a screwdriver, and if he did he would probably hurt himself with it.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 12-21-2011, 02:13 AM   #7

Quote:

Yea, they get me for that stuff at the quickie lubes too... But i dont have much choice, my husband dosn't even own a screwdriver, and if he did he would probably hurt himself with it.
I usually do all my own mechanic work, what i have the tools and know how for that is. Keeps me from getting raped at the shop...lol

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-21-2011, 02:27 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8884 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

You never know who is behind that parts counter. Stopped by local small engine shop and parts thief .....uhh- parts DEALER. Needed a little O ring type gasket for carb float bowl on a 5hp Briggs & Stratton.

Walked in, behind counter is young woman, looked to be about 18, pierced eybrows- Oh- this is going to be joyous (not!) She asked what was I looking for? Told her needed gasket for carb float bowl, 5 hp B&S. Reached under counter, came up with 2 O rings- do you want the one for the top of the bowl, or the bottom?

Humbled, told her top O ring, paid, took my $5 tiny ring of rubber, thanked her, and left. Made mental note note to be judging folks you have not met.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:22 AM   #9

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

C3... Damn. Can't really say I've had that kind of thing happen. That's good.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #10

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:

Lol, dang it...

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis