Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Here goes my rant.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/here-goes-my-rant-53893/)

dragunovsks 12-21-2011 01:54 AM

So sunday im driving down the highway in my truck and my passenger window suddenly rolls down and wouldnt go back up. I go back home and start taking the door apart, couldnt get the panel off so i took it to a friends house who used to be a mechanic at a ford dealer. We got the window up so the seat wouldnt get wet and he says i need a new window regulator and motor. He called oriellys in town and they said it would be in tuesday....

Fast forward to today. I go to get my parts and the only thing they have is a motor....wtf. The counter guy says itll be in tomorrow...and another 100 bucks of course.

After i got home i decided to call them just to double check im getting what i need and talked to a different guy. He says they can get a motor but not the regulator, not available. So what the **ck did you order?

I got a little heated so i decided to start over with a different auto parts store, decided to call advance auto parts. I told the lady on the phone, power window regulator w/ motor (said it 3 times) passenger side for 04 F-150. No problem sir itll be here tomorrow at 3 pm for 95 bucks.

Oreillys wanted 160, dont ask me how they gave me a price for an item they cant get...wtf?

readygirl 12-21-2011 02:12 AM

Dont you know you gotta send your wife in to those places. your not going to get anything accomplished .... My hubby sent me and my sister to the autozone a couple yrs ago to get a water pump for his car wearing some tube tops and hoochie shorts. Not only did we get the 15% discount they usually give to repair shops, but they almost shut the store down for 45min so 2 of them could go out in the parking lot and put it on . LOL.... We gave them some bogus phone numbers and rolled outa there.

danf_fl 12-21-2011 02:37 AM

The wife's car got hit by the "Dodge magnum stuck in Park" last Friday.
What happened is the Brake Transmission Interlock Safety latch broke where a spring is attached. The piece that broke off is smaller than a new born's thumb nail.

Ordered the part Saturday, got it yesterday, and spent all day removing console, ashtray, heater / ac control panel, shifter mechanism, and disassembling the shifter mechanism, replacing the part and reassembling the car.

All for a little piece. Someone placed a youtube video.
dodge magnum stuck in park - Yahoo! Video Search

dragunovsks 12-21-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl
Dont you know you gotta send your wife in to those places. your not going to get anything accomplished .... My hubby sent me and my sister to the autozone a couple yrs ago to get a water pump for his car wearing some tube tops and hoochie shorts. Not only did we get the 15% discount they usually give to repair shops, but they almost shut the store down for 45min so 2 of them could go out in the parking lot and put it on . LOL.... We gave them some bogus phone numbers and rolled outa there.

Haha thats great...dont always work tho. My wife took her 06 explorer to get an oil change at pennzoil cause i didnt have time to do it. They ended up talking her into an engine flush, tranny flush, changing all fluids including rear diff, cooling system flush....cost well over 200. I was lit up, of course i couldnt do anything about it cause shes the R.O. and she agreed to it.

Trez 12-21-2011 03:03 AM

Hey, its better than what I get at the part stores... "Is that for a Chevy or a Ford International?? :rolleyes:

readygirl 12-21-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 656542)
Haha thats great...dont always work tho. My wife took her 06 explorer to get an oil change at pennzoil cause i didnt have time to do it. They ended up talking her into an engine flush, tranny flush, changing all fluids including rear diff, cooling system flush....cost well over 200. I was lit up, of course i couldnt do anything about it cause shes the R.O. and she agreed to it.

Yea, they get me for that stuff at the quickie lubes too... But i dont have much choice, my husband dosn't even own a screwdriver, and if he did he would probably hurt himself with it.

dragunovsks 12-21-2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Yea, they get me for that stuff at the quickie lubes too... But i dont have much choice, my husband dosn't even own a screwdriver, and if he did he would probably hurt himself with it.

I usually do all my own mechanic work, what i have the tools and know how for that is. Keeps me from getting raped at the shop...lol

c3shooter 12-21-2011 03:27 AM

You never know who is behind that parts counter. Stopped by local small engine shop and parts thief .....uhh- parts DEALER. Needed a little O ring type gasket for carb float bowl on a 5hp Briggs & Stratton.

Walked in, behind counter is young woman, looked to be about 18, pierced eybrows- Oh- this is going to be joyous (not!) She asked what was I looking for? Told her needed gasket for carb float bowl, 5 hp B&S. Reached under counter, came up with 2 O rings- do you want the one for the top of the bowl, or the bottom?

Humbled, told her top O ring, paid, took my $5 tiny ring of rubber, thanked her, and left. Made mental note note to be judging folks you have not met.

trip286 12-21-2011 04:22 AM

C3... Damn. Can't really say I've had that kind of thing happen. That's good.

MrWray 12-21-2011 05:04 AM

Quote:

Lol, dang it...