Here is the ‘dope’ on the WWP.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Here is the ‘dope’ on the WWP.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Default Here is the ‘dope’ on the WWP.

I just received my receipt with some gimmie more money mail from the Wounded Warrior Project. I checked them out on the Charity Navigator website. It indicates only 55% of raised funds goes to program expenses. Scroll down to see the charts. Further down are comparisons to other similar organizations. I should have checked them out first.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12842

Happy Turkey Day.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2724 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

Vincine,

I was reviewing the entire information from the Charity Navigator Group. Seems there is some deceptive information contained within. They advise that WWP does not accept donations from the weapons industry. That is far from the truth. There was some problems recently with a female who was in a PR position advising a radio talk show host for Gun Talk Radio that they did not appear for interviews with gun related sources. She acted upon her own obviously not for the WWP. That was resolved very quickly by the CEO of WWP. Because the weapons industry does support and contribute to their association. With in a couple of weeks the CEO of WWP appeared in person for the interview on the radio show. As fat as the expenses I can not disprove or confirm that they are reliable figures. I am supporter of WWP and as long as it helps one Vet and their families I am there.

Thanks for posting this since I also want to check things out.

Hope you and the family had a great Thanksgiving!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 11-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #3

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Here is a link, from Charity Watch, of veterans organizations that actually use their donations to materially affect the lives of veterans instead of on “Raising Awareness” & administration expenses.

http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html#veterans

Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #4

Liked 4526 Times on 2253 Posts
Likes Given: 1018

Gives me hope!

I'm in the process of starting my charity.

The wounded veterans and breast cancer and deformed puppies charity.

My salary will be a paltry 846,000 dollars per year.

If you don't donate to my cause, you're a animal abusing, ultra right wing communist sympathizing cancer causing left wing radical.... 'Merica!

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

dog2000tj Likes This