here it comes....... BAN
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > here it comes....... BAN

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Default here it comes....... BAN

Just read that senator Dianne Feinstein of California (shocker) is starting a bill for an assault weapons ban. Banning the transfer, sale or import of "assault weapons" and "clips, drums or strips of bullets more than 10" they don't even try to get the terminology correct. She said "you don't hunt with these things they only have one purpose, weapons of war". I know this has been talked about before but just thought I would share.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
Just read that senator Dianne Feinstein of California (shocker) is starting a bill for an assault weapons ban. Banning the transfer, sale or import of "assault weapons" and "clips, drums or strips of bullets more than 10" they don't even try to get the terminology correct. She said "you don't hunt with these things they only have one purpose, weapons of war". I know this has been talked about before but just thought I would share.
That fatherless female dog has been spouting those insanities for years. In still hoping Ebola gets her because the pot smoking hippy morons in this damn state won't get rid of her

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

bluez Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1284 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 75

I don't think she has the votes to pass it. Certainly not on party lines in the House, but in the Senate, there are enough Dems that know their constituents would toss them out if they voted for it.

It more likely will come from an Obummer Executive Decree,

Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #4

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

She said a few months ago that she would do this in Jan. when the congress meets. She already has the bill wrote and ready.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2680 Times on 1304 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

And what we need to remember is they are also weapons as protected by our Second Amendment to protect America against a tyrannical government! The Second Amendment is not to specify weapons that politicians of their own whim or discretion as restricted. We need to remember this and advise our representatives.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

CA357 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #6

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
Even if they are "weapons of war" it's our right to have them. damn them trying to say we can't have this we can't have that when are we gonna stand up and say enough we run this country not you... Citizens tht live in fear of the gov. Is called tyranny gov. That fears the ppl is liberty -Thomas Jefferson it goes something like that
Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9417 Times on 4058 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Folks- the forum has been flooded with postings of this nature- and I DO understand your feelings. However- political postings are limited to supporting members for good and sufficent reasons. For that reason (not disagreeing with any of your posts), I AM closing your thread.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Closed Thread