Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Helped a friend cross the street. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/helped-friend-cross-street-27849/)

Shihan 06-03-2010 02:50 AM

Helped a friend cross the street.

3 Attachment(s)
This little fella was trying to get across the street, so I helped him out. He seemed to be missing one of his back legs.

Gordo323 06-03-2010 03:15 AM

Good for you! I hope he makes it!

saviorslegacy 06-04-2010 05:34 AM

Snapping turtles are mean! I have helped a couple of them and EVERY time they always chase me. They have, aggressive tendencies that I have not seen in any other reptile. lol (Also, am I the only one that pissed his pants when you saw that neck reach around to bight you when you are holding onto the back of their shell?)

DrumJunkie 06-04-2010 06:12 AM

Snappers I don't fool with much. I've moved a few though I see the common "Box Turtles" pretty often around here and will get them out of the road before some dope head thinks it's cool to run over them. THough I have thought about how fun it would be to run over the dope head :o

cpttango30 06-04-2010 11:15 AM

Last time I helped on across the road It looked like he got ran over. Oh wait I did run him over with a Cat 621G scraper. 22 cyds of dirt but you can fit 27 if your as good as I was. That makes for a nice flat squished turtle. They make a funny sounding POP noise when you run them over too.....

spittinfire 06-04-2010 11:25 AM

I stopped to help one off the road and as I was walking up to it someone swerved to hit it. Kinda ticked me off.

suprdave 06-04-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 294582)
Last time I helped on across the road It looked like he got ran over. Oh wait I did run him over with a Cat 621G scraper. 22 cyds of dirt but you can fit 27 if your as good as I was. That makes for a nice flat squished turtle. They make a funny sounding POP noise when you run them over too.....

You're a sick bastard. I hope you make a POP noise when you get run over.

cpttango30 06-04-2010 12:38 PM

Why davy? Because a turtle was in the middle of a haul road and i was on a piece of equipment with only 2 breaks and weighing 124590 lb (That is over 62 TONS) and traveling 30 mph. Hell with all 4 breaks working it takes a while to get that thing stopped unless you slam the bowl into the ground. Which is frowned upon because it can tear things up like the cushion hitch and all sorts of fun stuff. Plus that makes a big hole in the haul road. If you make a big hole in the haul road for no other reason than you don't want to hurt a effing turtle your going to get your ass beat. Or then you have to fix the hole which stops production and then you get fired.

So again STFU you don't even know what your talking about.

suprdave 06-04-2010 02:02 PM

I think you just love dominating small animals. I hope it makes you feel good about yourself.

robocop10mm 06-04-2010 02:19 PM

I try not to hit animals in the road, but I will not risk damaging my vehicle or my self to avoid one. I certainly am not proud of myself for killing a turtle. I certainly understand not wanting to damage the haul road or the very expensive vehicle, but I would not describe the popping sound as "funny" unless I meant funny weird instead of funny haha.

Just part of the softer side of Robo.