Help with the Wife! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Help with the Wife!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Be careful with that strategy, Scubie and Shihan have both lost guns to the Mrs.
HAHAHHAAAAA!!

Yeah, I have a couple here that are not mine anymore.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

First, a shotgun is best for the first line of home defense for all the reasons stated here. Another reason is the price. You can get a good pump shotty for alot less than any Sig or highpowered rifle. I am confident you have not taken her shooting much, but if you have and she does not like it she is either lying or she just does not like it. If he latter is true, you are screwed unless you take the line of protection of her. You love her so much, you want to make sure you have the best opportunity for you and her to take down a bad guy in the house should you ever be in that situation. You even care enough about your neighbors and staying out of jail so you can be there for her.

Wait, how short of barrel are you talking?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
First, a shotgun is best for the first line of home defense for all the reasons stated here. Another reason is the price. You can get a good pump shotty for alot less than any Sig or highpowered rifle. I am confident you have not taken her shooting much, but if you have and she does not like it she is either lying or she just does not like it. If he latter is true, you are screwed unless you take the line of protection of her. You love her so much, you want to make sure you have the best opportunity for you and her to take down a bad guy in the house should you ever be in that situation. You even care enough about your neighbors and staying out of jail so you can be there for her.

Wait, how short of barrel are you talking?
18in barrel/ 27ish total. 870 Remington.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #14

You might want to talk to local LEO and see if there are any restrictions when it comes to barrel length. Just because you can get a barrel does not mean it's OK to have it in your area. And it be really crappy to get into a boat load of trouble over an inch or two.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
You might want to talk to local LEO and see if there are any restrictions when it comes to barrel length. Just because you can get a barrel does not mean it's OK to have it in your area. And it be really crappy to get into a boat load of trouble over an inch or two.
Copy. If they sell it in the gun shop, will it most likely be local legal?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Convince her. Are you not the King of your Castle, the Master of your Domain, just buy it and tell her to get in the kitchen and cook your dinner.
What is wrong with all these submissive men? If you want a shotty, go and get it. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub1686 View Post
Copy. If they sell it in the gun shop, will it most likely be local legal?
Well it should be. But if it was me I'd make sure before I bought it. A quick stop by a local police station or a fast phone call would do wonders to keep my mind at ease.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Convince her. Are you not the King of your Castle, the Master of your Domain, just buy it and tell her to get in the kitchen and cook your dinner.
What is wrong with all these submissive men? If you want a shotty, go and get it. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.
Amen, brother. My wife asked me for a new watch. I told her the stove already had a clock on it.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
I am trying to stay married!

Old 07-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #20

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub1686 View Post
I am trying to stay married!
Dub,

Don’t worry about staying married... if she says anything just do what I do and tell her that if you wanted her opinion you would tell her what it was.

Honestly, take her to the range and get one of the instructors to give her an intro lesson. I say to get an instructor as I have seen husbands and wives get in arguments on the range as most husbands aren’t instructors and lose patience with the wife and that’s the last thing you want to do. If she ask why you can’t teach her be honest and tell her you want her to learn the right and safe way to make it fun and not stressful. Believe me when you emphasize that you want to keep her safe and taught right she will be much more willing and acceptable that shooting is something you both can do and not just something you are doing and your just “showing it” to her. Remember to give positive reinforcement like “great shot honey” or “you have a great stance” she will appreciate that also that your paying attention to her.

I’m lucky as my wife is a cop so she is pretty much into guns (a lot of them were mine at one time) and loves to shoot. She also loves to buy me new guns of my own.

AND NO she doesn’t have a sister that is available and YES we have a strong marriage.