Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Help with the Wife! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/help-wife-29403/)

dub1686 07-17-2010 05:59 AM

Help with the Wife!

Can you guys help me convince the wife into letting me buy a new shotgun for home defense? I have a Sig by the bed and a couple of hunting long guns. She thinks this is good enough and I do not need a short barreled shotgun. Do you guys have any articles/ youtube videos/ good argument for buying more guns. With this one I need black and white proof, not my opinion. I know some of you guys have a arsenal packed into your house. How do you get the wife on the same page? Thanks!

DrumJunkie 07-17-2010 06:03 AM

You can google home defense guns all day long and see articles where a shotgun makes good sense. Many point to the idea that they don't go through walls as easy as many pistol rounds and most rifle rounds can. And the shorter barrel makes perfect sense for trying to navigate tihgter spaces where a rifle or hunting shotgun can cause a lack of mobility.

Jpyle 07-17-2010 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dub1686 (Post 316240)
Can you guys help me convince the wife into letting me buy a new shotgun for home defense? I have a Sig by the bed and a couple of hunting long guns. She thinks this is good enough and I do not need a short barreled shotgun. Do you guys have any articles/ youtube videos/ good argument for buying more guns. With this one I need black and white proof, not my opinion. I know some of you guys have a arsenal packed into your house. How do you get the wife on the same page? Thanks!

Have kids? Explain to her that shot gun pellets will not go through the walls like a handgun or rifle round can. Hunting rifles are not good HD guns (except as a last resort). Barrel is usually too long for moving through the house and a 2000+ fps round in your house is not a good thing, even when shooting at a bad guy.

DrumJunkie 07-17-2010 06:30 AM

True that!!

I have seen a 9mm round go through two apartments walls before it stopped. And they are not near a hunting rifle's speed.

dub1686 07-17-2010 06:38 AM

I have no kids yet. This is good stuff! Keep it coming. How do you guys justify buying guns to your spouses?

DrumJunkie 07-17-2010 06:50 AM

My wife used to have this thing about me only having two hands so why did I need more than two guns. But that was more to bust my hump than anything. I take her shooting sometimes and she likes it pretty well. She's a heck of a shot too. Though she point shoots and don't like using sights or optics. It works for her though so I guess if it aint broke...

Have you tried a little range time with the Mrs? It's worked with many a wife that didn't fully support a guys firearm addiction.:)

Jpyle 07-17-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 316259)
My wife used to have this thing about me only having two hands so why did I need more than two guns. But that was more to bust my hump than anything. I take her shooting sometimes and she likes it pretty well. She's a heck of a shot too. Though she point shoots and don't like using sights or optics. It works for her though so I guess if it aint broke...

Have you tried a little range time with the Mrs? It's worked with many a wife that didn't fully support a guys firearm addiction.:)

Be careful with that strategy, Scubie and Shihan have both lost guns to the Mrs. :eek:

dub1686 07-17-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 316259)

Thats a good idea. I still have not been to the range with her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 316261)
Be careful with that strategy, Scubie and Shihan have both lost guns to the Mrs. :eek:

What do you mean lost?

Jpyle 07-17-2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dub1686 (Post 316265)
Thats a good idea. I still have not been to the range with her.

What do you mean lost?

As in...oh I really like this, I'm keeping this gun for myself.

dub1686 07-17-2010 07:21 AM

Only if I can buy another!