Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Help with my 9N? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/help-my-9n-85513/)

Trez 03-01-2013 02:15 PM

Help with my 9N?

My Ford 9N stalled a couple of months ago and I havent been able to get it started...
Theres gas getting to the carb, and the plugs are getting spark... But it wont start, not even a sputter..

It was running beautifully until it stalled, but now nothing??? :confused:

A IH wouldnt leave me like this... :(

303tom 03-01-2013 02:24 PM

Out of GAS ?...............LOL, no really plugged fuel line, filter, does it have a sediment bowl could be any one of those things............If it`s not getting gas to the carb, it has to be between it and the tank......

Trez 03-01-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303tom (Post 1158992)
Out of GAS ?...............LOL, no really plugged fuel line, filter, does it have a sediment bowl could be any one of those things............If it`s not getting gas to the carb, it has to be between it and the tank......

It IS getting gas to the carb....

Thats why Im confused.... I have gas, air, and spark.. but it doesnt run... :confused:

racer_x 03-01-2013 02:36 PM

Timing??????

HOSSFLY 03-01-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trez (Post 1158998)
It IS getting gas to the carb....

Thats why Im confused.... I have gas, air, and spark.. but it doesnt run... :confused:

Well i guess the dam thing is broke :(
Don't know--getting gas & fire something outta happen :confused:

notdku 03-01-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trez (Post 1158983)
My Ford 9N stalled a couple of months ago and I havent been able to get it started...
Theres gas getting to the carb, and the plugs are getting spark... But it wont start, not even a sputter..

It was running beautifully until it stalled, but now nothing??? :confused:

A IH wouldnt leave me like this... :(

You should check out TractorForum.com.

Good site.

danf_fl 03-01-2013 05:42 PM

is it possible that the timing chain/belt is no longer doing its job?
Leaving valves open when they should be closed?

dango 03-01-2013 05:58 PM

Take air filter out and try it . Then , check rotor cap for green tarnish , then when you turn key to run , listen to hear fuel pump kick in , then.........? :confused:

robocop10mm 03-01-2013 10:26 PM

If you are getting spark, I would look at the carb. Just because gas is getting to the carb does not mean it is geting OUT of the carb. The crappy Alcohol enriched gasoline of today will gum up over the winter. May be time for a carb kit. The 9n is pretty simple. Not alot to go wrong.

dango 03-01-2013 11:22 PM

Do they still make Carbs.........? :confused:

My Chevy truck has injectors and a carb looking thing , but all it really does is regulate air..?