Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Help me with Valentines Day

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jo da Plumbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,754
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Help me with Valentines Day

So the girlfriend sends me this link about what not to do on Valentines day, along with a note saying, "not that your doing anything wrong". Right; then why send me the link.


6 mistakes men make on Valentine's Day on Shine


So I've done several of the things they say not to do, and now I'm more confused then ever. We've been together ten years and I'm supposed to start writing her poetry?

What do you guys think? What do you do that seems to make your lady happy?

__________________
Quote:

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Jo da Plumbr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default

She gets a card and thats about it. If she ain't happy oh well. V day is nothing more than a womens way to bilk more money out of my pocketbook. Sorry it ain't happening. She knows it just like she knows I want no more kids EVER and I don't want to get married.

__________________

Last edited by CA357; 02-03-2011 at 02:54 PM.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NitroxAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: molonlabeforum.com
Posts: 4,899
Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
So the girlfriend sends me this link about what not to do on Valentines day, along with a note saying, "not that your doing anything wrong". Right; then why send me the link.


6 mistakes men make on Valentine's Day on Shine


So I've done several of the things they say not to do, and now I'm more confused then ever. We've been together ten years and I'm supposed to start writing her poetry?

What do you guys think? What do you do that seems to make your lady happy?
Women only want a man that is attentive and caring but is still a real man. No matter what they say. You can do this without turning into the emasculated version of a man that is being sold today IMHO. I would be straightforward and ask her why she sent it to you. Ask her where it is she thinks you are falling short. If it is a serious issue, deal with it. If it is a romance novel issue, work on it only if you want to. Life aint perfection and neither are we. Just sayin'
__________________
NitroxAZ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
buckhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sapulpa,Oklahoma
Posts: 1,961
Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Default

Hmm, that's a tough one. I have always gone the Hallmark route (with a handwritten profession of why I love her in it), sometimes with a bear, and never had any complaints.

If you go out for VDay anymore, the restaurants are so busy and the waitstaff so harried, that it's more an atmosphere of a feedlot than a romantic meal out. So anymore, I pan-sear a good filet mignon and open a bottle of good red wine, and we have a candle-lit dinner in the comfort of our own home. Works wonders in the romance dept. And sending flowers to her at work is almost mandatory.

__________________
buckhuntr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 5,804
Liked 1742 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 547

Default

Valentines day is on a Monday this year so it makes it a little tougher. I am not supposed to do anything special (sure). I usually get her roses and dinner. The restaurants really stick it too you at this time of year and Monday is a day off for some. If you can cook, make her a really special meal with some good wine and some nice flowers on the table. Possibly a romantic movie and some romantic music. She will appreciate the personal effort and think she is being wined and dined while you know it is really feed and breed.

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jo da Plumbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,754
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post

Life aint perfection and neither are we. Just sayin'
Quoted for truth
__________________
Quote:

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Jo da Plumbr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

I screwed myself hard doing up Christmas.

I got a piece of lunar meteorite. It's a tiny rock out of NW Africa, $50. Crack cocaine would have been cheaper.

I included a card, explaining that when we got married, I promised her the moon, and now I've delivered.

I go to work (I work with mostly women), and the usual "What did you get your wife?" conversation pops up. I explain, and the whole building pauses and stares, then melts. One girl runs off crying. Thighs are moistening.

I am now the single most romantic man in the world. Every spouse of every woman I work with hates me, that snuggie you bought your girl cannot compare. The babes swoon.

Now the problem.

How do you top that? You don't. You've literally given her the moon. That Whitman Sampler isn't gonna cut it.

So I bought a small blank journal, and started doing poetry. I can do three a day or so, if there's a humorous event, I can contribute more. If she burns a roast, I can tear off a poem about it, and make it funny, and I cared enough to console her about a roast.

I'm the man.

__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 488
Default

Get her a real bear, that should shut her up.




No, really though, its a trick. All holidays are a trick. It depends how she "feels" love on what you should get her. I know, super schwoopy, but really it works. I for example am a "physical touch" (get your mind out of the gutter) person. best for me is a movie on the sofa. You just have to figure out what her currency is and use it to your advantage.

__________________
likes-moats, BACON, long walks on beach
dislikes-douchebags
Jess is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,417
Liked 6757 Times on 4084 Posts
Likes Given: 8083

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I screwed myself hard doing up Christmas.

I got a piece of lunar meteorite. It's a tiny rock out of NW Africa, $50. Crack cocaine would have been cheaper.

I included a card, explaining that when we got married, I promised her the moon, and now I've delivered.

I go to work (I work with mostly women), and the usual "What did you get your wife?" conversation pops up. I explain, and the whole building pauses and stares, then melts. One girl runs off crying. Thighs are moistening.

I am now the single most romantic man in the world. Every spouse of every woman I work with hates me, that snuggie you bought your girl cannot compare. The babes swoon.

Now the problem.

How do you top that? You don't. You've literally given her the moon. That Whitman Sampler isn't gonna cut it.

So I bought a small blank journal, and started doing poetry. I can do three a day or so, if there's a humorous event, I can contribute more. If she burns a roast, I can tear off a poem about it, and make it funny, and I cared enough to console her about a roast.

I'm the man.
Yes, you certainly are!! *runs off crying*
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NitroxAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: molonlabeforum.com
Posts: 4,899
Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I'm the man.
You are sooooo ghey
__________________
NitroxAZ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
A great Valentines gift. Jo da Plumbr The Club House 5 02-05-2010 10:04 PM