Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Help me with Valentines Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Help me with Valentines Day

So the girlfriend sends me this link about what not to do on Valentines day, along with a note saying, "not that your doing anything wrong". Right; then why send me the link.

6 mistakes men make on Valentine's Day on Shine

So I've done several of the things they say not to do, and now I'm more confused then ever. We've been together ten years and I'm supposed to start writing her poetry?

What do you guys think? What do you do that seems to make your lady happy?

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

She gets a card and thats about it. If she ain't happy oh well. V day is nothing more than a womens way to bilk more money out of my pocketbook. Sorry it ain't happening. She knows it just like she knows I want no more kids EVER and I don't want to get married.

Last edited by CA357; 02-03-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #3

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
So the girlfriend sends me this link about what not to do on Valentines day, along with a note saying, "not that your doing anything wrong". Right; then why send me the link.

6 mistakes men make on Valentine's Day on Shine

So I've done several of the things they say not to do, and now I'm more confused then ever. We've been together ten years and I'm supposed to start writing her poetry?

What do you guys think? What do you do that seems to make your lady happy?
Women only want a man that is attentive and caring but is still a real man. No matter what they say. You can do this without turning into the emasculated version of a man that is being sold today IMHO. I would be straightforward and ask her why she sent it to you. Ask her where it is she thinks you are falling short. If it is a serious issue, deal with it. If it is a romance novel issue, work on it only if you want to. Life aint perfection and neither are we. Just sayin'

Old 02-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #4

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Hmm, that's a tough one. I have always gone the Hallmark route (with a handwritten profession of why I love her in it), sometimes with a bear, and never had any complaints.

If you go out for VDay anymore, the restaurants are so busy and the waitstaff so harried, that it's more an atmosphere of a feedlot than a romantic meal out. So anymore, I pan-sear a good filet mignon and open a bottle of good red wine, and we have a candle-lit dinner in the comfort of our own home. Works wonders in the romance dept. And sending flowers to her at work is almost mandatory.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1742 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 547

Valentines day is on a Monday this year so it makes it a little tougher. I am not supposed to do anything special (sure). I usually get her roses and dinner. The restaurants really stick it too you at this time of year and Monday is a day off for some. If you can cook, make her a really special meal with some good wine and some nice flowers on the table. Possibly a romantic movie and some romantic music. She will appreciate the personal effort and think she is being wined and dined while you know it is really feed and breed.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post

Life aint perfection and neither are we. Just sayin'
Quoted for truth

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I screwed myself hard doing up Christmas.

I got a piece of lunar meteorite. It's a tiny rock out of NW Africa, $50. Crack cocaine would have been cheaper.

I included a card, explaining that when we got married, I promised her the moon, and now I've delivered.

I go to work (I work with mostly women), and the usual "What did you get your wife?" conversation pops up. I explain, and the whole building pauses and stares, then melts. One girl runs off crying. Thighs are moistening.

I am now the single most romantic man in the world. Every spouse of every woman I work with hates me, that snuggie you bought your girl cannot compare. The babes swoon.

Now the problem.

How do you top that? You don't. You've literally given her the moon. That Whitman Sampler isn't gonna cut it.

So I bought a small blank journal, and started doing poetry. I can do three a day or so, if there's a humorous event, I can contribute more. If she burns a roast, I can tear off a poem about it, and make it funny, and I cared enough to console her about a roast.

I'm the man.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #8

Get her a real bear, that should shut her up.

No, really though, its a trick. All holidays are a trick. It depends how she "feels" love on what you should get her. I know, super schwoopy, but really it works. I for example am a "physical touch" (get your mind out of the gutter) person. best for me is a movie on the sofa. You just have to figure out what her currency is and use it to your advantage.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6757 Times on 4084 Posts
Likes Given: 8083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I screwed myself hard doing up Christmas.

I got a piece of lunar meteorite. It's a tiny rock out of NW Africa, $50. Crack cocaine would have been cheaper.

I included a card, explaining that when we got married, I promised her the moon, and now I've delivered.

I go to work (I work with mostly women), and the usual "What did you get your wife?" conversation pops up. I explain, and the whole building pauses and stares, then melts. One girl runs off crying. Thighs are moistening.

I am now the single most romantic man in the world. Every spouse of every woman I work with hates me, that snuggie you bought your girl cannot compare. The babes swoon.

Now the problem.

How do you top that? You don't. You've literally given her the moon. That Whitman Sampler isn't gonna cut it.

So I bought a small blank journal, and started doing poetry. I can do three a day or so, if there's a humorous event, I can contribute more. If she burns a roast, I can tear off a poem about it, and make it funny, and I cared enough to console her about a roast.

I'm the man.
Yes, you certainly are!! *runs off crying*

Old 02-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #10

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I'm the man.
You are sooooo ghey