Help Identifying some Firearms (Civil War Muskets, I think...)
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Help Identifying some Firearms (Civil War Muskets, I think...)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help Identifying some Firearms (Civil War Muskets, I think...)

I'm not too familiar with firearms so can someone help me identify the make and model of these Muskets. Also the approximate value in USD on average if I were to sell them. I believe them to be dating back to the civil war but I can't be sure. They are not for sale at this time so please don't contact me about that.
Thx a bunch!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #2

Old 06-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #3

anyone????

Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This belongs in the black-powder and muzzle loading forum. A mod will probably be by shortly to move it for you.
You should also introduce yourself to the community here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f2/

As for the guns.... I am not expert on them, but here is what I know.
Both of those rifles are fired using a percussion cap. A musket is muzzle loading fire arm without rifling.
The top pic of your second post MIGHT be Civil War. It is a Springfield (the main arm of those days). The plate that with the lock on it appears to have an eagle on it. I believe that symbol was used by the military gun ordinance around the Civil War.
As I said, I do not know much. Someone who is more qualified than me could probably tell you which states they have been in due to a scratch there or a spec of dust here. lol

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Last edited by saviorslegacy; 06-04-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #5

Hey man the bottom one looks like a Springfield model 1842. As for the top i have no idea. The problem is during the civil war the south especially, would take older flint locks and convert them to percussion. So it is hard to tell.