Help identify this rifle - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Help identify this rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
Post of the day right there.
I concur. Well played, sir.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntpain1775 View Post
That is a original 1493 Armalite .50 caliber belt feed MG. It was created by a fella named "Red" Ryder, and people nick named it the "daisy" because it was a accurate enough to shoot the peddles off a Daisey at over 6 miles away, 3 in high seas.

Worth about 20 bucks. Hope this helps.
I call shenanigans!!!
Its OBVIOUSLY a replica and worth no more that $17.50
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down

Old 04-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I concur. Well played, sir.
I have my moments.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:04 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I call shenanigans!!!
Its OBVIOUSLY a replica and worth no more that $17.50
I think you're right. It has a Tula arsenal stamp and reads "Daisy-Nyet".

Old 04-10-2011, 04:06 AM   #15

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Help identify this rifle - The Club House

Yes Red Ryder and his MIT engineer L. Beaver are shown testing that .50 Cal.on the 1943 cover of Arms and Man Magazine.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I think you're right. It has a Tula arsenal stamp and reads "Daisy-Nyet".

It's actually a original, just by a different manufacturer. Tula Arsenal gained the rights to produce the weapon from Christopher columbus. If you look at the original year it was produced (1493) then you have to know the history behind it. Columbus found the "new World" in 1492. He left behind a small (and only recently declassified) contingent of people, whom later founded Jeminez firearms, on the new world. Using ancient Aztec space technology they produced the "Daisy". Since Columbus was the man in charge, the patent was given to him. Many years later he licensed the patent to Tula Arsenal to help pay for his morgage in Spain, and massive booze/hooker tab.

It's kinda like the 1911 being produced by colt and Ithica during the wars. Same gun, just different maker.

I really would expect you guys to know this on a gun forum.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:43 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I had one of those when I was a kid as soon as i got a 22 I chucked the thing off a cliff. Still really arent that bad to shoot. I was a instructor for cub scouts and we had some of them with peep sights in the back it was actally pretty accurate at about 10 yrds

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #18

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
That is a original 1493 Armalite .50 caliber belt feed MG. It was created by a fella named "Red" Ryder, and people nick named it the "daisy" because it was a accurate enough to shoot the peddles off a Daisey at over 6 miles away, 3 in high seas.

Worth about 20 bucks. Hope this helps.
My brother had one...shot his eye out.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-10-2011, 05:29 AM   #19

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
It's actually a original, just by a different manufacturer. Tula Arsenal gained the rights to produce the weapon from Christopher columbus. If you look at the original year it was produced (1493) then you have to know the history behind it. Columbus found the "new World" in 1492. He left behind a small (and only recently declassified) contingent of people, whom later founded Jeminez firearms, on the new world. Using ancient Aztec space technology they produced the "Daisy". Since Columbus was the man in charge, the patent was given to him. Many years later he licensed the patent to Tula Arsenal to help pay for his morgage in Spain, and massive booze/hooker tab.

It's kinda like the 1911 being produced by colt and Ithica during the wars. Same gun, just different maker.

I really would expect you guys to know this on a gun forum.
Man, someone is on fire tonight!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #20

I had one of those when I was a kid, I didn,t shoot my eye out back then but I did loose my eye later on in life

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WHERE'S MY GODDAMN THOMPSON"
By Lester Gillis AKA George Baby Face Nelson