Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Help with HW (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/help-hw-13973/)

dynastyofnext 05-19-2009 05:09 PM

Help with HW

Does anyone out there know how to order a catalog directly from a gun manufacturer? I need to order from 5 different ones and familiarize myself with calibers, models, sizes, pricing, sights, weight, carbine versions...etc.

skullcrusher 05-19-2009 06:01 PM

Some mfrs may have a catalogue order link on their web sites. I know Henry and Marlin have them avail to order on line. You may have luck by going to a dealer and asking if they have them from mfrs. Most times, prices are not listed (maybe msrp) but not the actual retail price.

Just curious, why do you need them from 5 different mfrs?

dynastyofnext 05-19-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 107236)
Some mfrs may have a catalogue order link on their web sites. I know Henry and Marlin have them avail to order on line. You may have luck by going to a dealer and asking if they have them from mfrs. Most times, prices are not listed (maybe msrp) but not the actual retail price.

Just curious, why do you need them from 5 different mfrs?

Why 5? Because it's all a part of my diabolical scheme to take over The United
World of America. jk It says that I need 5 to get a good idea of what the top models in all firearm categories, including clones. Basically to know whats selling nowadays, and what type of ammo is common amongst them.

skullcrusher 05-19-2009 10:23 PM

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Have you checked the web sites of some mfrs for catalogue links? Is this a market research type of work, or for some lefty newspaper? jk

Still, pricing is something else when it comes to firearm sales. The mfr may set a msrp, but the firearms rarely sell for the msrp. They are usually sold for less than the msrp.

If you aren't so gaurded about the project, enlighten us please. I am (unbelievably) interested in what you are doing. That will probably change within the next hour. Naw fuggetboutit, I already lost interest. :cool:

dynastyofnext 05-20-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 107287)
Whatever. :rolleyes:

Have you checked the web sites of some mfrs for catalogue links? Is this a market research type of work, or for some lefty newspaper? jk

Still, pricing is something else when it comes to firearm sales. The mfr may set a msrp, but the firearms rarely sell for the msrp. They are usually sold for less than the msrp.

If you aren't so gaurded about the project, enlighten us please. I am (unbelievably) interested in what you are doing. That will probably change within the next hour. Naw fuggetboutit, I already lost interest. :cool:

IM GONNA TELL YA WHAT IT IS IM DOING but! Shhhhhhh....Dont Tell Nobody!

lmao, Im getting my gunsmith certificate, along with the course they help you get your FFL, and teach you how to run a business. The catalogs are just really research to know whats making money in the firearm industry. The professor requested me to get the catalogs since I have but one(1) gun shop in my town, and cant check out their competition. I'm also suppose to go into said gunshop to see what the service is like, if they let you hold the guns, if its dark and gloomy, are they trying to rip people off, etc.... So to answer your question yes, I am the Batman.:cool:
Going to manufacture sites now actually to try and get some catalogs. thanks

7.62 Man 05-20-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

I have but one(1) gun shop in my town, and cant check out their competition
If you open a Gun Shop in your town, YOU will be their competition.;)

dynastyofnext 05-20-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7.62 Man (Post 107340)
If you open a Gun Shop in your town, YOU will be their competition.;)

Then my plan to crush them will be complete lol.

c3shooter 05-20-2009 05:15 AM

Dynasty, some (many) manufcturers do not sell directly, they go thru distributors, who in turn wholesale to dealers. Until you HAVE your FFl, and send a copy to them, well....fugedaboudid.

dynastyofnext 05-20-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 107388)
Dynasty, some (many) manufcturers do not sell directly, they go thru distributors, who in turn wholesale to dealers. Until you HAVE your FFl, and send a copy to them, well....fugedaboudid.

fogettabowdid? lol I came across that on the other thread and I wasnt looking to buy; just wanted to see their catalogs. Kind of just browsing through to see what they have. Capiche? lol i dont know how to spell it.