Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/help-65270/)

Subcomp9 05-28-2012 02:16 AM

Help

What does everyone think about buds gun shop

danf_fl 05-28-2012 09:22 AM

I do numerous transfers and a large majority come from Bud's.
They get a lot of repeat customers from what I have experienced.

What info are you looking for?

Subcomp9 05-28-2012 05:39 PM

Looking to purchase a m4 and came across his website

gollygee 05-28-2012 05:49 PM

No experience with them as I prefer dealing locally. I have noticed Bud's disclaimer about accuracy of pictures, etc. of the products & have seen examples of descriptions not matching. Most folks that use them advocate calling them to verify specs & what is actually being offered.

kytowboater 05-28-2012 05:55 PM

Friend just purchased a NIB kimber target pro 2, $800 from buds, due to an online discrepancy. They were not happy about it. I live down te road from their shop. Have bought from the online when ordering guns, never have bad any negative experiences.

sputnik1988 05-28-2012 06:22 PM

I have been to the shop a few times. They are rude, they think customers are incompetent, their ammo is priced waaaay too high, and the kicker, they wont let you concealed carry in the building and have a sign on the door that reads 'No firearms'.

But, they are the cheapest online. My local shop owner told me that the reason Buds can afford to be priced so low is they never see the guns. The ship straight from a wholesale place in Louisiana with a slight markup.

kytowboater 05-29-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988
I have been to the shop a few times. They are rude, they think customers are incompetent, their ammo is priced waaaay too high, and the kicker, they wont let you concealed carry in the building and have a sign on the door that reads 'No firearms'.

But, they are the cheapest online. My local shop owner told me that the reason Buds can afford to be priced so low is they never see the guns. The ship straight from a wholesale place in Louisiana with a slight markup.

Agreed, their staff is sh*t, always packed though so I can see why. Just need bodies to take money. Ammo is a premium price, in Lexington they are not the only store not allowing carry. You CAN carry in there, gun needs to be unloaded and slide locked open. Revolver as you can get is not a choice lol.

gollygee 05-29-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 817498)
Agreed, their staff is sh*t, always packed though so I can see why. Just need bodies to take money. Ammo is a premium price, in Lexington they are not the only store not allowing carry. You CAN carry in there, gun needs to be unloaded and slide locked open. Revolver as you can get is not a choice lol.

Several gun stores in this area have a "no loaded firearms" signs, but it does not include concealed carry weapons. It is for the idiots that walk through the door waving a loaded firearm around, asking someone to help them clear a jam!