Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Helluva Time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Helluva Time

My mom and 12yo little brother came to visit for a week this summer. Every time he visits, I pull a couple guns out and we take 'em to the range and put $100 worth of ammo through some paper sillouettes. Sometimes it's pistols or revolvers, sometimes it's rifles, sometimes it's both. This time it was the M44.

He did pretty well with the 30/30 last time and I told him we'd shoot the mosin on the next trip.........Maybe that's why they hurried back? He shot 20 rounds from the bench and then fired standing up. He had to because I did. lol

I will post a link to some videos in a bit.

LOVE those trips to the range with my kid brother.

After the range I took him to a local outfitters where he got to hold a "Real Live" PS90. The world could have stopped turning right then and all would have been right in his mind. He tried to talk me into buying it , but I thought the wife would frown on the $1500 price tag or I would have.

Yep, the joys of a gun nut kid brother.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2221 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

fapprez,

From us old gun nuts here on the FTF! Thank you for taking time to spend with your brother. You are developing memories that he and you will never forget as well as valuable time he is spending with his big brother. The other thing that is happening, is you are assisting in the preservation of the thing most of us love most. The Shooting Sport and our Second Amendment Rights. If we do not nurture the young in the sport and teach them the enjoyment that comes from it we in time will loose the sport and possibly our rights. Their vote will certainly count in the future more than ever!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Old 08-25-2011, 01:24 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Old 08-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That was awesome! Next time have him shoot with the bayonet extended just for grins.

My big brother was my hero. He was always there for me. He passed away at the age of fifty one, now almost twenty years ago and I still miss him.

You're doing a good thing Brother.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #6

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Good stuff fapprez! Your brother will remember that for life.

He handles that stick well beyond his 12 years. Kudos to both of you.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd certainly call that a helluva time. You're a good big brother.

I bet he's going to be proudly sporting a nice bruise on the first day of school. "This is what I did on summer vacation"

Old 08-25-2011, 10:52 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
I bet he's going to be proudly sporting a nice bruise on the first day of school. "This is what I did on summer vacation"
His poor shoulder looked like burger. I tried to take some picks, but they didnt show the full extent. I also took them before the color set in....maybe thats why. He loved it. He walked around here all week with his sleeve rolled up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
He handles that stick well beyond his 12 years. Kudos to both of you.
He does pretty good. He's not a big kid, either, as you can tell, maybe 90 lbs. I've been taking him shooting for years and his dad takes him to the pistol range sometimes, as well, so he's got some experience behind him. He listens real well and doesn't only take instruction, he asks for it. Now....if I could only get him to teach me how to shoot a bow.