Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hells freezing over......

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,246
Liked 1806 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 2036

Default Hells freezing over......

It's that time of year, its just too dang cold but to hunker down, so whats your favorite comfort food..... Mey, I'm happy with a sack of salty oysters and a gallon of high octane Bloody Mary's......Then after that, a big bowl of beef and vegatable soup with lots of turnips and sweet taters......What say yee all.......



__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,653
Liked 6953 Times on 4184 Posts
Likes Given: 8362

Default

Home made chicken soup. Chicken and Dumplings. Chili. Home made Mac 'n' Cheese. My recliner with a dog or two on my lap.



__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

The last foyr weekends I've got my big pot out (big) and cooked a big batch of, Chicken Noodle soup, Chili, Spagetti, and put four or five gallon baggies in the freezer. This weekend will be Chili Verde. Kroger has whole pork lion on sale for 2.29 a pound..

__________________

NEVER FORGET

downsouth is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,246
Liked 1806 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 2036

Default Left overs......

I'm on a liquid diet for the last two days of chicken soup. Oh and don't forget the liquid protien........Next stop, wild game chili, extra spicey......

__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,246
Liked 1806 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 2036

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
The last foyr weekends I've got my big pot out (big) and cooked a big batch of, Chicken Noodle soup, Chili, Spagetti, and put four or five gallon baggies in the freezer. This weekend will be Chili Verde. Kroger has whole pork lion on sale for 2.29 a pound..
You gotta go boston butt........Pork makes the world go round.....
__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,653
Liked 6953 Times on 4184 Posts
Likes Given: 8362

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I'm on a liquid diet for the last two days of chicken soup. Oh and don't forget the liquid protien........Next stop, wild game chili, extra spicey......
And what, may I ask, are you using for "liquid protein"?
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post

You gotta go boston butt........Pork makes the world go round.....
I have in the past. These days I try to stay with lean meat and the loin is a great deal at that price. A butt would cost almost that. I do put boston butts on the weber for slow hickory smoking. By the time they are done most of the fat has been rendered out yet still moist.
__________________

NEVER FORGET

downsouth is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,246
Liked 1806 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 2036

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
And what, may I ask, are you using for "liquid protein"?
lol cuogh, lol cough, beer thru the nose, cough lol......I'm not an alchoholic, thems the ones that go to the meetings......I belong to the others club, Hunters, fishermen and other liars.......
__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,503
Liked 8613 Times on 3732 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

Default

Crock pot time.

Chili? Of course! I like to use cube steak that has been diced, along with my own peppers and sweet onions from the garden, and my own blend of chili powders (cumin, garlic powder, chili roja, chili pequino, chili passilla). I DO put beans in chili. Sometimes just pintos- sometimes pintos, dk red kidney, and black beans.

Best with hot cornbread and a cold beer.

But a pot roast in the crockpot is also pretty comforting- with taters, carrots, onions, plenty gravy. THAT goes with yeast rolls that rise sitting next to the crockpot.

__________________

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

c3shooter is online now  
willshoum Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,246
Liked 1806 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 2036

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Crock pot time.

Chili? Of course! I like to use cube steak that has been diced, along with my own peppers and sweet onions from the garden, and my own blend of chili powders (cumin, garlic powder, chili roja, chili pequino, chili passilla). I DO put beans in chili. Sometimes just pintos- sometimes pintos, dk red kidney, and black beans.

Best with hot cornbread and a cold beer.

But a pot roast in the crockpot is also pretty comforting- with taters, carrots, onions, plenty gravy. THAT goes with yeast rolls that rise sitting next to the crockpot.
I'm hurting already........


__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Meat Freezing Question fireball Hunting Forum 12 03-02-2010 02:02 AM
Ammunition that has been below freezing rf100 Ammunition & Reloading 6 02-21-2010 12:19 PM