Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Hells freezing over...... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/hells-freezing-over-79037/)

willshoum 12-21-2012 12:26 PM

Hells freezing over......
 
It's that time of year, its just too dang cold but to hunker down, so whats your favorite comfort food..... Mey, I'm happy with a sack of salty oysters and a gallon of high octane Bloody Mary's......Then after that, a big bowl of beef and vegatable soup with lots of turnips and sweet taters......What say yee all.......;)

winds-of-change 12-21-2012 02:05 PM

Home made chicken soup. Chicken and Dumplings. Chili. Home made Mac 'n' Cheese. My recliner with a dog or two on my lap.

downsouth 12-21-2012 02:09 PM

The last foyr weekends I've got my big pot out (big) and cooked a big batch of, Chicken Noodle soup, Chili, Spagetti, and put four or five gallon baggies in the freezer. This weekend will be Chili Verde. Kroger has whole pork lion on sale for 2.29 a pound..

willshoum 12-21-2012 02:11 PM

Left overs......
 
I'm on a liquid diet for the last two days of chicken soup. Oh and don't forget the liquid protien........Next stop, wild game chili, extra spicey......:eek::D

willshoum 12-21-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 1060565)
The last foyr weekends I've got my big pot out (big) and cooked a big batch of, Chicken Noodle soup, Chili, Spagetti, and put four or five gallon baggies in the freezer. This weekend will be Chili Verde. Kroger has whole pork lion on sale for 2.29 a pound..

You gotta go boston butt........Pork makes the world go round.....

winds-of-change 12-21-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum (Post 1060568)
I'm on a liquid diet for the last two days of chicken soup. Oh and don't forget the liquid protien........Next stop, wild game chili, extra spicey......:eek::D

And what, may I ask, are you using for "liquid protein"? :eek:

downsouth 12-21-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum (Post 1060572)

You gotta go boston butt........Pork makes the world go round.....

I have in the past. These days I try to stay with lean meat and the loin is a great deal at that price. A butt would cost almost that. I do put boston butts on the weber for slow hickory smoking. By the time they are done most of the fat has been rendered out yet still moist.

willshoum 12-21-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1060576)
And what, may I ask, are you using for "liquid protein"? :eek:

lol cuogh, lol cough, beer thru the nose, cough lol......I'm not an alchoholic, thems the ones that go to the meetings......I belong to the others club, Hunters, fishermen and other liars.......;)

c3shooter 12-21-2012 03:07 PM

Crock pot time.

Chili? Of course! I like to use cube steak that has been diced, along with my own peppers and sweet onions from the garden, and my own blend of chili powders (cumin, garlic powder, chili roja, chili pequino, chili passilla). I DO put beans in chili. Sometimes just pintos- sometimes pintos, dk red kidney, and black beans.

Best with hot cornbread and a cold beer.

But a pot roast in the crockpot is also pretty comforting- with taters, carrots, onions, plenty gravy. THAT goes with yeast rolls that rise sitting next to the crockpot.

willshoum 12-21-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1060653)
Crock pot time.

Chili? Of course! I like to use cube steak that has been diced, along with my own peppers and sweet onions from the garden, and my own blend of chili powders (cumin, garlic powder, chili roja, chili pequino, chili passilla). I DO put beans in chili. Sometimes just pintos- sometimes pintos, dk red kidney, and black beans.

Best with hot cornbread and a cold beer.

But a pot roast in the crockpot is also pretty comforting- with taters, carrots, onions, plenty gravy. THAT goes with yeast rolls that rise sitting next to the crockpot.

I'm hurting already........;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.