Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Helicopter crash (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/helicopter-crash-25663/)

Jo da Plumbr 04-05-2010 01:51 PM

Helicopter crash

Missed it by that much.:eek::eek::eek:

[IMG]http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/w...ndAChinook.jpg[/IMG]

dunerunner 04-05-2010 02:15 PM

Here is a pilot that forgot what model helicopter he was flying. Ooops!

Shihan 04-05-2010 03:58 PM

It happens. That's not a Chinook. It's an H-46 Sea Knight(Frog).

Jo da Plumbr 04-05-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 264595)
It happens. That's not a Chinook. It's an H-46 Sea Knight(Frog).

That Frog don't swim too good.

mannings 04-06-2010 12:22 AM

OUCH! Hope the crew made it out. :eek:

saviorslegacy 04-06-2010 03:27 PM

I wonder if there were any casualties....

gorknoids 04-07-2010 01:37 AM

I'm sure they all died.

What next? Video of the Blackwater guys being hacked to pieces and hung from a bridge. I'm biting my tongue really frigging hard right now.

Yunus 04-07-2010 02:12 AM

7 died, 11 survived. Official cause, Human error.

Sea Knight off San Diego

gorknoids 04-07-2010 02:34 AM

Alright...screw it. Jo, have you ever ridden in one of them? Ever wedged your ass in beside the next guy, latched your belt and cinched it down while tri-walls of parts and mail and toilet paper were stuffed in behind you to block a speedy exit even if you landed at LAX, let alone on your side behind a ship?

"That Frog don't swim too good."

Neither did the Sailors and Marines that died in that crash. Swearing is not permitted here, and as much as I'd love to violate that rule, I don't have to. All I have to do is to point out that in 1 post (Which you found funny enough to initiate.) you mocked the deaths of Marines and Sailors in an aviation mishap. There aren't any cuss-words in the current inventory to adequately express the disgust that you have brought out of me today. If you thought that the crash was funny, you'd laugh your ass off at the stuff I've seen firsthand. You'd crap your pants and blow MD 20/20 all over your monitor at my description of what it's like to watch a man who survived a crash be dragged to his death because his shroud lines were tangled in the plane when it finally sank. It's a damned laugh riot to have your wife wake you up at 3:00AM and ask you what happens to a person when they get sucked into the intake of an F-14, but she can't tell you what the person's name is, where he works, or any other details. It's a regular ****ing knee-slapper. Getting catapulted off a carrier when one of the engines craps out. Finding out that the helo you're riding in has metallic debris in the tail rotor gear box, and it's another hour until you're over land.
Laugh it up. I've lost friends and acquaintances to military aviation mishaps, but I've never even met you. Just in case you can't comprehend the significance of that statement, let me clarify: If your death is caught on tape and someone makes fun of it, I will not be offended.
That said, I hope you get your **** together before someone beats you into a drool-can coma.

doctherock 04-07-2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 265806)
Alright...screw it. Jo, have you ever ridden in one of them? Ever wedged your ass in beside the next guy, latched your belt and cinched it down while tri-walls of parts and mail and toilet paper were stuffed in behind you to block a speedy exit even if you landed at LAX, let alone on your side behind a ship?

"That Frog don't swim too good."

Neither did the Sailors and Marines that died in that crash. Swearing is not permitted here, and as much as I'd love to violate that rule, I don't have to. All I have to do is to point out that in 1 post (Which you found funny enough to initiate.) you mocked the deaths of Marines and Sailors in an aviation mishap. There aren't any cuss-words in the current inventory to adequately express the disgust that you have brought out of me today. If you thought that the crash was funny, you'd laugh your ass off at the stuff I've seen firsthand. You'd crap your pants and blow MD 20/20 all over your monitor at my description of what it's like to watch a man who survived a crash be dragged to his death because his shroud lines were tangled in the plane when it finally sank. It's a damned laugh riot to have your wife wake you up at 3:00AM and ask you what happens to a person when they get sucked into the intake of an F-14, but she can't tell you what the person's name is, where he works, or any other details. It's a regular ****ing knee-slapper. Getting catapulted off a carrier when one of the engines craps out. Finding out that the helo you're riding in has metallic debris in the tail rotor gear box, and it's another hour until you're over land.
Laugh it up. I've lost friends and acquaintances to military aviation mishaps, but I've never even met you. Just in case you can't comprehend the significance of that statement, let me clarify: If your death is caught on tape and someone makes fun of it, I will not be offended.
That said, I hope you get your **** together before someone beats you into a drool-can coma.

used to be part of my MOS to go out, pick up the pieces and put them back together again after a mishap like this, other than it was on land. Last one i will never forget f-15e model hit ground at near mach 1. 2600 pieces of 2 men and we got to sort though it all.
I dont go by a patch of charred earth to this day without thinking about those two men, will always stick with me.