Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Heavily-armed Texas gunboats now patrol Rio Grande (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/heavily-armed-texas-gunboats-now-patrol-rio-grande-67442/)

Bigcountry02 07-02-2012 12:13 AM

Heavily-armed Texas gunboats now patrol Rio Grande

Some information on Texas doing that the Federal government will not!

http://screen.yahoo.com/heavily-armed-texas-gunboats-now-patrol-rio-grande-29828961.html

texaswoodworker 07-02-2012 12:20 AM

And THIS, is how Texas handles a problem. ;)

BigByrd47119 07-02-2012 12:25 AM

I want one!

Someone needs to keep those wacky Canadians on their side of the line up here too!

trip286 07-02-2012 12:30 AM

This is as it should be. I hope to hear of these boats actually being put to use in a fight.

I think it's funny how they point out "each one is costing the taxpayers approximately 500k" (paraphrased).
How much is illegal immigration costing the taxpayers? How much in lives, money, and freedom are the drug runners and cartels costing the taxpayers?
500k is a small price to pay in my opinion. Let's see, did I understand correctly that they have 4, with another 2 on the way? That's only 3 million dollars. That's right, I said ONLY 3 million. Now, someone with stronger google fu than I have can look up how much they (illegals and foreign criminals) are costing us in healthcare, insurance costs, public education, secondary education, law enforcement costs...
Tally up the bucks. I guarantee it's a lot more than 3 million.

Just like with vehicle maintenance, Preventative maintenance also prevents huge costs.
Or, as my grandmother said, a stitch in time saves nine.

texaswoodworker 07-02-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 855744)
This is as it should be. I hope to hear of these boats actually being put to use in a fight.

I think it's funny how they point out "each one is costing the taxpayers approximately 500k" (paraphrased).
How much is illegal immigration costing the taxpayers? How much in lives, money, and freedom are the drug runners and cartels costing the taxpayers?
500k is a small price to pay in my opinion. Let's see, did I understand correctly that they have 4, with another 2 on the way? That's only 3 million dollars. That's right, I said ONLY 3 million. Now, someone with stronger google fu than I have can look up how much they (illegals and foreign criminals) are costing us in healthcare, insurance costs, public education, secondary education, law enforcement costs...
Tally up the bucks. I guarantee it's a lot more than 3 million.

Just like with vehicle maintenance, Preventative maintenance also prevents huge costs.
Or, as my grandmother said, a stitch in time saves nine.

Yes, 500K each is very little compared to what it will save us in the future. If we stop a lot of the drugs there, think how much we will save on investigations, sting operations, raids, ect. Plus, nothing says stay the **** out like 6 M240 machine guns on an armored boat. :D

silverado113 07-02-2012 01:02 AM

Let's see how long they are allowed to do this until overruled by the annoited one and his court cronies.

texaswoodworker 07-02-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 (Post 855739)
I want one!

Someone needs to keep those wacky Canadians on their side of the line up here too!

Damn Canadians. Always smuggling their syrup, and their round bacon over the boarder. :mad:

texaswoodworker 07-02-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 855779)
Let's see how long they are allowed to do this until overruled by the annoited one and his court cronies.

I see us just giving him the finger if he tries. We really don't care what him, or the Feds think. :D

BigByrd47119 07-02-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Yes, 500K each is very little compared to what it will save us in the future. If we stop a lot of the drugs there, think how much we will save on investigations, sting operations, raids, ect. Plus, nothing says stay the **** out like 6 M240 machine guns on an armored boat. :D

Dude...they build completely functioning u-boats...they are arguably better funded than the state of Texas too.

Lets just keep it in perspective...

texaswoodworker 07-02-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 (Post 855787)
Dude...they build completely functioning u-boats...they are arguably better funded than the state of Texas too.

Lets just keep it in perspective...

I didn't know about the U boats, but a lot of the Rio Grande is shallow. They'd have to use the gulf to transport their drugs.

I'm not sure about being better funded then the state of Texas. Remember, they are not all united. They are fighting each other in addition to us.

And yes, I am keeping it in perspective. I know 4-6 gun boats won't stop all of them. But, this is a huge step forward. The Feds wouldn't do something about them, so we took it into our own hands. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more of these boats patrolling the boarder in the next few years.