Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Health Note- Colonoscopy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #41
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1998 Times on 1084 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Come on people. It's not that bad. Just an inconvenience.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
havasu Likes This 
Old 12-07-2013, 03:58 AM   #42

Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
A necessary evil at our age.
And if you've ever been abducted by aliens, this is MUCH less invasive.
I swear, some alien overlord just has an azz fetish. There's no need for all that.
That whole "alien probing" thing is just government BS to make John Q.

fear aliens. They figure-" Who wants to get butt raped by aliens ? THIS

should scare folks off!" ...

Old 12-07-2013, 04:53 AM   #43
Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 195 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Did she have symptoms? Now I'm nervous.
She had stomach pains for the last six months, but waited until she received Medicare. If caught early enough, it is easily treatable. Once I found out about her dilemma, I immediately called my doctor for another colonoscopy.

It's nothing folks. Yeah, I heard horror stories about it being a factory with naked people all around you. It was quiet, clean, private, and none of the horror that I though it would be.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 758 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I see a colonoscopy in my near future.
I see mine... this week

Old 12-08-2013, 03:04 AM   #45
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1749 Times on 997 Posts
Likes Given: 3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
She had stomach pains for the last six months, but waited until she received Medicare. If caught early enough, it is easily treatable. Once I found out about her dilemma, I immediately called my doctor for another colonoscopy.

It's nothing folks. Yeah, I heard horror stories about it being a factory with naked people all around you. It was quiet, clean, private, and none of the horror that I though it would be.
My wife had hers and no problems, she did not take any meds and she was feeling refreshed. She would prefer a colonoscopy over a teeth cleaning.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:25 AM   #46

Liked 684 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

I had mine about 4 years ago. The prep is by far the worst part of it for me. Nothing was found that wasn't supposed to be there, and Doc said he'd see me in 10 years for round two. Get it done, WOC.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #47

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

Well, thanks all for reminding me that I need to stop procrastinating and schedule my first one.

My mother died a few years ago in her 60's of colon cancer so my doc said I had to start the scans early. My grandmother also lost her life to colon cancer but was in her early 80's.

I did mention that my mom had a colonoscopy about 6 months prior to her diagnosis and it missed the cancer that had been developing up to 3 years at that point. Her response was that she would have to make sure the exam was a bit deeper than normal! So my plan to avoid the test backfired.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #48
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by msup752 View Post
Well, thanks all for reminding me that I need to stop procrastinating and schedule my first one.

My mother died a few years ago in her 60's of colon cancer so my doc said I had to start the scans early. My grandmother also lost her life to colon cancer but was in her early 80's.

I did mention that my mom had a colonoscopy about 6 months prior to her diagnosis and it missed the cancer that had been developing up to 3 years at that point. Her response was that she would have to make sure the exam was a bit deeper than normal! So my plan to avoid the test backfired.
Do yourself a favor and have the colonoscopy. I've put it off for 7 years but am going to do it in the next couple months. And I have no history of any kind of cancer in my family. I hear the drugs they give you are awesome. You won't even know what's going on. Should we schedule ours on the same day so we can commiserate?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #49

Liked 476 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 228

My wife and I were bugged by our doctors for some time to have the exam, but we avoided it. I'm a chicken where being put to sleep is concerned. I guess my bypass and back surgery took the man out of me. But when my friend found out his brother was diagnosed with colon cancer that was in an advanced stage he then made an appointment for himself to be tested. At that point my wife and I did as well. I was frightened lying there before the procedure, but felt relieved after waking up. I just wish they hadn't left that damn tube used for a light up my butt. My wife had no polyps but my friend and I had 5. Fortunately they were benign and that's one less thing to worry about. In 2 years I will have that colonoscopy again.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 758 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 156

picked up the stuff for prep tonight... guess I better make sure my extended life laptop battery is fully charged.