Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Headlights won't work 1995 Chevy truck (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/headlights-wont-work-1995-chevy-truck-88022/)

tri70 04-02-2013 06:04 PM

Headlights won't work 1995 Chevy truck

My head lights won't work this morning. They worked last night, I checked fuses, and replaced switch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steel_Talon 04-02-2013 06:20 PM

Day time running head lights only or both day/night?

When is the last time you checked your alternator? Ever notice any pulsing of headlights at night?

When you functioned your turn indicator did it sound abnormally fast at any time? Check all of your lights license plate to cargo etc.

Check for burnt out bulbs and replace.
Check the lights wiring harness for connection/debri etc.
Check all running lights for burnt or dimming and replace.

Thats the best I got for over the net brother...

tri70 04-02-2013 06:41 PM

I am just running at night, I will have to check the harness and see for debri. Turn signals are working fine, I have no high or low beam. I noticed the lights flicker once last night and the night before but stayed on.

The guy at the auto parts shop said it may be the dimmer switch but they are an expensive assembly and if you hook up an electrical componets, you can't return unless it's defective.

Steel_Talon 04-02-2013 06:56 PM

Have your alternator checked 1st before you buy anything

tri70 04-02-2013 07:49 PM

Thank you!

nosaj 04-02-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri70 (Post 1200649)
I am just running at night, I will have to check the harness and see for debri. Turn signals are working fine, I have no high or low beam. I noticed the lights flicker once last night and the night before but stayed on.

The guy at the auto parts shop said it may be the dimmer switch but they are an expensive assembly and if you hook up an electrical componets, you can't return unless it's defective.

Do the parkinglights come on? Could be the headlight on/off switch itself or the dimmer switch

ctshooter 04-02-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri70
My head lights won't work this morning. They worked last night, I checked fuses, and replaced switch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chevy truck and suv are known to lose ground. Run a jumper wire from the ground terminal on the light directly to battery ground and see if that works. Had to do that on last two Chevys I owned

ctshooter 04-02-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
Have your alternator checked 1st before you buy anything

The alternator only charges the battery, the battery / charge light would come on and the truck would shut off if the alternator was defective.

tri70 04-02-2013 11:24 PM

Parking lights work, I will try the ground.

tri70 04-03-2013 01:52 AM

I tried the direct ground to a close bolt for additional grounding, still no go. It must be a harness connection.