He’s no dumb dog
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > He’s no dumb dog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Default He’s no dumb dog

So I’m at the park with Roscoe this morning as usual. Cloudy, foggy and still very dark at 6:30am. Roscoe is up ahead chasing rabbits like always when suddenly he comes running back and falls into healing position on his own. I ask “what is it boy, a coyote”? That’s the only time I see him act like this. Further up through the gloom I see the fence at the end of the field. Walking back and forth along the fence is a small black goose. I look down at Roscoe wondering what’s your problem bud. He should have that goose in his mouth and bringing it to me for plucking. As I get closer Roscoe drops out of heal position at my side and is now directly behind me. I can’t believe this, my big tough dog scared of a little black goose. Its right about this time I realize that long black neck on this goose is actually the long black tail of a skunk, with the business end pointing our way.
In my head I hear Roscoe saying “Don’t do it Dad”! “Been here before and this is where things go horribly wrong.”
Needless to say we both made a hasty retreat.
Twice now I’ve posted about Roscoe getting sprayed right in the Face. So I needed to let you all know that indeed the third time is the charm. And you can teach an old dog new tricks.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Roscoe is the man!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Old Dog new Tricks.........

Who's teaching who........ And by the way, don't mess around with geese that are nesting. They will put an ass whipping on you and your dog........

Old 01-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I had to learn about the striped black kitties too, long ago, but i still remember.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #5

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Apparently my old beagle wasn't so smart Not only did she get sprayed by skunks on what I believed was a continual basis but she had a habit of playing in the road - struck 3 times and lived through all of them.

Man I miss having a dog

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #6

Default Roscoe saved ''Jo da Plumbr"

Jo da Plumbr: Sir, haha; I was venturing toward the worst. hahaha; ''excellent save''

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 01-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1360 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 92

I had a German Shepherd that had a bad habit of killing skunks. She must have gotten sprayed 4 times. I used to buy tomato juice by the case and keep it on standby in the basement.

I would clean that dog and she was okay. First rainstorm she would get wet and the smell would come back. She didn't ever learn, I moved from a very rural area that she could run free, to a rural area where I only let her run when I was outside. No skunk hunting then.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bro, I think you owe him a fat cheeseburger for his efforts. Could of gone terribly bad for the both of you.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #10

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Apparently my old beagle wasn't so smart Not only did she get sprayed by skunks on what I believed was a continual basis but she had a habit of playing in the road - struck 3 times and lived through all of them.

Man I miss having a dog
Sounds like my lab "Menzies". One day he came home from an afternoon exploring with a black set of tyre marks running over his chest! We checked him over for soreness but he was just fine... Couldn't kill that dog with a stick