Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > HD firearm safety question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4677 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
As I mentioned, I always pocket carry, but this is my HD gun setup on my bed.

HD Gun
Looks just like mine except mine is wedge shaped, stands on end, and the door drops open, rather that raising open...

These work great, had mine for 15 years now with no problems and the mechanical PRX lock means no batteries to worry about.

Good Choice

Tack
Old 07-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20920 Times on 11885 Posts
Likes Given: 52455

my situation might be a little different than others, as it's just the wife and i. very few people even know how many firearms i have, and outside my wife, father and brother, no one even knows where they are located within my home. out of site and out of mind. now if a burglar were fortunate to gain entry to my home, (very unlikely with the dogs in the yard!) and were allowed a couple of hours to try and find them, (again unlikely with the inside dogs!) then yes, they might be able to locate them. i keep the serial numbers recorded in several places, including a copy with my insurance agent, in the unlikely event they were stolen.

i have to agree that when you have firearms in the home that securing them from those who shouldn't have access, such as children, is more important than it's access for an invasion.