Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Having a pet lynx (bobcat)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7297 Times on 4238 Posts
Likes Given: 9401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
I bet it'll some high times if that Gorilla decides to do as gorillas do....
It is a female gorilla. You might have heard of her. Her name is Koko, and she uses sign language. http://www.koko.org/index.php

Nobody ever hears her, her owner (or "handler"), Penny Patterson, doesn't let people in to see Koko. You can see the gorilla cage from the road as you pass by, but in all of my years around here I have never seen Koko out there playing in the enclosure.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
We have a Bengal Cat. They are a cross of a domestic cat, and a wild, basically a small leopard from Asia, I think. Once they're 4 generations in from the cross, they are considered fully domesticated, and have no restrictions placed on them. They do retain some wild characteristics, though. Markings, very fast, high energy, athletic, loves to climb. And they tend to LIKE water. Very interesting. Consider something like this.
Ill look them up. As i wrote earlier, theres several breeders with very interesting writing on these cats that are essentially domesticated as far as they're behavior goes. Seeing video of them as kittens, and adults they act like common cats, add some height and weight

Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #33

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Poor Koko. I love the gorillas at the Louisville Zoo -- but it is really very sad. They are so human-like. You can sit right next to them there (on the other side of plexiglass)

Bengal cats are friggin' long.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #34

Liked 635 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Quote:
As i wrote earlier, theres several breeders with very interesting writing on these cats that are essentially domesticated as far as they're behavior goes. Seeing video of them as kittens, and adults they act like common cats, add some height and weight
Which ones? Bengals, or the bobcats you're talking about?

Quote:
Bengal cats are friggin' long.
Not necessarily. Ours is on the smaller side. Our other cat actually looks much bigger. But she's lighter. The Bengal is all muscle. Like any other cat, you can get bigger ones, and smaller ones.

I have heard recently about these specialty breeds just coming out, which are bred from wild cats, but are domesticated. They tend to be bigger, like med-sized dogs, and they cost huge money. Some of them go for $10-30K. Who on earth hast that kind of cash for a cat, and a massive house for them, and a litter box the size of a sandbox?LOL

Old 04-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #35

Liked 2166 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 1147

Just my HO, don't be stipid! Owning a bobcat is not only illegal, it's a bad idea.

There are plenty of great options for a pet, choose one that will actually be an asset, not a liability.

Owning exotic species does not make you a BAMF, it only makes your judgement suspect.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

People Like This 
Old 04-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #36

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock

Your uncle stuffed his pet? The whole cat I presume as just mounting the head, well, that would be a little, ya know, odd... Does he still call it the "living room"!?
Lol ya it's the whole cat he was damn sad when she died, next time I visit ill try and get a picture. I won't lie he was very carefull with her no one could touch her except him and she was locked in a outdoor area that was pretty large when anyone was over it didn't just walk around the house.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 04-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #37

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

I also feel bad for captive primates. When ia see gorillas and other primates at the zoo you can almost tell they are bored or unhappy.....

Old 04-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

Which ones? Bengals, or the bobcats you're talking about?

Not necessarily. Ours is on the smaller side. Our other cat actually looks much bigger. But she's lighter. The Bengal is all muscle. Like any other cat, you can get bigger ones, and smaller ones.

I have heard recently about these specialty breeds just coming out, which are bred from wild cats, but are domesticated. They tend to be bigger, like med-sized dogs, and they cost huge money. Some of them go for $10-30K. Who on earth hast that kind of cash for a cat, and a massive house for them, and a litter box the size of a sandbox?LOL
The writing is on lynx's, bobcats are under lynx species but all are not the same.

Oh yeah! I saw those mekal cats (or something like that) for example starting at 4,000-10,000! Whaaaaaattttt??? They had on the site a reference to those more expensive cats... Im thinking if i spend 30k on a cat he better live forever, make MY food and be my butler....

Old 04-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
Just my HO, don't be stipid! Owning a bobcat is not only illegal, it's a bad idea.

There are plenty of great options for a pet, choose one that will actually be an asset, not a liability.

Owning exotic species does not make you a BAMF, it only makes your judgement suspect.
If you were paying attention to the first post, they are not illegal where i am, and the hybrid lynx i was looking at are F4/F3 bred and are classified as domestic. A bobcat is a species of lynx, lynx are not known to be aggressive but actually avoid confrontation.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #40

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Name:  image-288991278.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  31.5 KB

Hehehehe...

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.