Haven't We Had Enough Already? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Haven't We Had Enough Already?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I dunno, I kinda liked the whole "steeling myself for the ensuing onslaught because of my principles" angle, and to end in two posts, one of which was "don't be mean to me."

BTW, polite counts for alot in a rude, gun-littered world. I encourage all who wish to stir the s**t pot to at least introduce themselves properly.

Manners.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

I've had enough of posters like intell already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

QUOTE: "It seems guns were good things when there was much less stress and strain in the bygone days but now they can be more of a foe than a friend in a given situation in the changed socio-economic scenario. It has been proved time and again".

Really? Really? Less stress and strain huh? Let me take you back in time to oh lets see... maybe around the end of the 1930s. Lets pick a place that may prove your theory. Oh I dunno, maybe Western Europe. Maybe Germany? Yes I can see where weapons would have been more of a foe in the hands of the people in a time of "less stress". Good point, I think I'll join your cause.

Dont take this as a personal attack, but I bet I can guess what your position and life experiences are. You have no life experience to speak of other than to hide behind good men that protect you from the dangers that are unfortunately part of the real world. You don't have a real appreciation for history. That stuff you have read about happened. You have never seen the world for what it is. There are real men out there that would kill any of us for our beliefs alone; they are true evil. It is easy to be idealistic when you have the luxury of not having to think about security, safety, or surviving. Yes, I would love a world without guns. But only if there was zero chance of me having the need for one. And that world only exists in ones imagination...unfortunately.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I harbor no good will for effete, pseudo-intellectual, anti-gun, hoplophobic snobs. Take your self righteous ass and get gone from here you pu$$y.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Well, that seemed to go well.
This thread disappoints me. Here I was hoping for so much more.

Quote:
The FBI's 2007 edition of Crime in the United States simply adds to the enormous pile of evidence showing that guns in the hands of good people are the best way to stop a violent criminal from harming you or a loved one.
Kind of hard to dispute the facts.....

JD

Old 04-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I harbor no good will for effete, pseudo-intellectual, anti-gun, hoplophobic snobs. Take your self righteous ass and get gone from here you pu$$y.
Somebody needs a hug.

JD

Old 04-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I didn't phrase it exactly how I wanted to, I attempted to be civil.

My tolerance for anti 2A people is obviously gone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I dunno, I kin lurn to spel reel purty usin the linkee in the sig lahn.

F*****g students.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I didn't phrase it exactly how I wanted to, I attempted to be civil.

My tolerance for anti 2A people is obviously gone.

That's okay bro - you have a hot avatar and you are living in Occupied Terror-Tory, I don't think anyone here would blame you for your stance.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #20

So I was right when I said I knew that it was coming; venom, intolerance, names calling and sheer disregard of what the nation is up against!

What proof one needs to offer for something that is crystal clear and obvious? Aren't the body bags of the innocent school going and university students good enough for someone to see who dunnit and with what and what could have possibly avoided it?

It is not the criminals with guns that concern me at the moment, the law enforcing agencies understand and recognize that risk and count/factor it in and are largely prepared for it. What they aren't prepared for is the violence coming from some unlikely quarters.

What should rattle us all is the bizarre series of incidents when a joker picks up a gun and shoots people down for no real rhyme or reason except easy accessibility of weapons.

I would prefer to die a hero's death fighting a criminal bare handed rather than senselessly turning a gun on scores of innocent people before committing a hara-kiri.

Regarding someone's false over-confidence that he or someone in his family will definitely not go that tragic route (while you stockpile all those guns as a pride of a collection) is a risk no wise man can take, especially after seeing umpteen times on your television screen the harrowing and moving images of a Stephen Kazmierczak, Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold leaving behind a trail of blood, gore and tragedy.

'Wise people learn from the experiences of others and fools from their own' is an old saying but weighs its weight in gold indeed.

Last edited by Dillinger; 04-13-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Closed Thread

Newest Threads