Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Have to go house hunting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/have-go-house-hunting-70640/)

boatme98 08-18-2012 10:56 PM

Have to go house hunting

Well, the house I've been renting for over three years is for sale. I've been lucky. 15 acres on a lake. Shoot off the front porch. Great neighbors. Alas, it's time to move. There isn't much for rent in my county, it's very rural. It looks like my best option is to move to a town about 30 miles away.
I have to go there to shop, see doctors, eat out, etc., so it looks like I'm headed to the big city.
I haven't lived in a town for about 18 years. I lived on boats before moving here. It will be tough getting used to everyday noises and traffic. But the hard part is going to be having to go back to ranges to shoot.
I'm going to look at an older, small three bedroom home in a very nice neighborhood on Monday. Older, nice homes, beautiful landscaping, adult neighbors, (it's a college town) as quiet a street is possible and still be in town. We'll see.

Whoops! Sorry, thought I was in the general forum. Mods, please close or move. Thanks

Sixwire 08-18-2012 11:01 PM

I wouldn't last long in town. I like shooting off the porch and watering the grass

PanBaccha 08-18-2012 11:02 PM

Good luck to ya' ~ need to hear positive news rippling somewhere in this world.

hardluk1 08-19-2012 06:50 PM

Can't make a deal on the house and buy it?? lease option with owner holding the papers?? 3 years in it should be worth something.

Zombiegirl 08-19-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1
Can't make a deal on the house and buy it?? lease option with owner holding the papers?? 3 years in it should be worth something.

I agree. Why not try to buy it?

Gh0zt36 08-19-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiegirl (Post 909196)
I agree. Why not try to buy it?

+1 Sounds like you're awfully happy there. And you already have a history with the owner. Go for it. Worst he can say is no!!

boatme98 08-20-2012 07:01 PM

No, I have no desire to own a house. Everyone I've ever bought has been given away. You know what I mean.
Now I don't get married anymore. I just go to a bar every ten years, meet a woman I can't stand, and buy her a house. :D
Besides, I never know how long I'll stay in an area anymore-daddy's a travellin' man...

CA357 08-20-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatme98 (Post 910015)
No, I have no desire to own a house. Everyone I've ever bought has been given away. You know what I mean.
Now I don't get married anymore. I just go to a bar every ten years, meet a woman I can't stand, and buy her a house. :D
Besides, I never know how long I'll stay in an area anymore-daddy's a travellin' man...

That may cost a bit, but it saves a lot of up front grief. :D

orangello 08-20-2012 08:02 PM

Good luck! Don't forget the after 5pm and after dark drive thru & check. I screwed up that way one time.