Hate Crimes...what's the difference? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hate Crimes...what's the difference?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
This is all a load of mamby pamby BS.

How ignorant is it to kill anyone simply for money?
How ignorant is it to kill anyone simply because of jealousy?
How ignorant is it to kill anyone simply because of an arguement?
How ignorant is it to kill anyone simply to be relieved of responsibility?
How ignorant is it to kill anyone simply to gain power?

How much do you truly know about those you plot to kill for financial gain?
Nearly 100% of home invasions are for financial gain. How much do you truely know about those whose home you invaded to steal and to take their lives?

So Vikingdad...you place more importance on hate vs. these items I mention???

I find them ALL equally reprehensible.
I agree with you 100%

I do not place more importance on "hate" in comparison to the items you mention, but if you kill somebody because they are black, or a Jew, yes that does make you a more hateful criminal. And yes, I do believe you should (or I should) get a harsher sentence if the crime is motivated by race et al.

Edit : I am tired. I was responding to several posts who were responding to me.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 12-09-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
And yes, I do believe you should (or I should) get a harsher sentence if the crime is motivated by race et al
and why is that?

Old 12-09-2011, 03:04 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
and why is that?
Because I don't think it is right to hurt or kill people simply because they are gay/different race/different religion/vegetarian/ or whatever.

If you hurt or kill somebody you know that can be explained for whatever reason, but to hurt or kill somebody you have never met is wrong.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:07 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Because I don't think it is right to hurt or kill people simply because they are gay/different race/different religion/vegetarian/ or whatever.

If you hurt or kill somebody you know that can be explained for whatever reason, but to hurt or kill somebody you have never met is wrong.
...IMO you are making zero sense. You have not explained your reasoning and I doubt you know of it yourself.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:44 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't disagree on the hate crime issue, generally.

However, motivation for a crime should not be entirely discounted in court. What if a rapist raped you with the motive/intent of giving you his HIV/AIDS? That sounds like attempted murder, depending on your future health maybe murder. Just sayin.

Or what if the same rapist was actually a robber who only raped people to get them to give up their PIN numbers or hidden valuables? Extra grody in my opinon.

Or what if someone stole your bicycle, so that you would be forced to walk to work, allowing them an opportunity to run you over with their Vespa?

Maybe instead of calling it a "hate crime", they should call them "extra cruel crimes" or something.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #26

Liked 3104 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 2880

If I have more money than you and you hurt/kill me because you want my money is that a hate crime based on economic reasons? Does that mean you hate rich people? Murder is murder motive is simply the reason the crime was committed. This whole hate crime thing is just more pc bs that is just leading us to the thought police. What's next, the victim has blonde hair and he was murdered by a brunette so that makes it a hate crime.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I don't disagree on the hate crime issue, generally.

However, motivation for a crime should not be entirely discounted in court. What if a rapist raped you with the motive/intent of giving you his HIV/AIDS? That sounds like attempted murder, depending on your future health maybe murder. Just sayin.

Or what if the same rapist was actually a robber who only raped people to get them to give up their PIN numbers or hidden valuables? Extra grody in my opinon.

Or what if someone stole your bicycle, so that you would be forced to walk to work, allowing them an opportunity to run you over with their Vespa?

Maybe instead of calling it a "hate crime", they should call them "extra cruel crimes" or something.
One of provisions to a "Hate Crime" is the access to federal resources should the crime be classified as a "hate crime"....I can just see the look on your face 'when' or 'if' a loved one of yours was slain and the police said " "Hey, if your daughter were a 'lesbian' and it appeared she was murdered by the
"Lesbian Haters Coalition" we would have a lot better chance at finding the perp. But since she was murdered for sleeping with a guy and the perp acted merely out of jealousy...we (you) don't get those additional resources"

Old 12-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #28

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

For me I see only hate crimes.

The dude carjackin the mother and 3 small kids doesn't do so because he thinks she is hot and wants to impress her. He hates the fact that she and her husband (OR WIFE) worked hard to get what they have. He hates the fact that someone can have something better than him so he is going to take it by force.

The crackhead isn't breaking into your house because he likes the carpet and wants to vaccume it. He is trying to take things.

The gangbanger that shoots 50 people to get 1 target isn't doing so because he likes the guy. He is doing it because he hates the color of the other guys DOORAG.

Every single crime is a damn HATE CRIME.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
For me I see only hate crimes. ... Every single crime is a damn HATE CRIME.
All crimes? Who does a pothead hate when he fires up the bong?

Personally, i don't think jealousy equals hate. I'm not sure that a thief truly hates those he steals from; heck, if he makes a big score by finding their stash of cash while ransacking their home, the thief probably likes them and might even be a little thankful, at least to his luck.

I had the most polite car break-in one night: some probable crackhead (given the area and such) went to the trouble to break out the tiny corner window on my car to take the laundry quarters out of the open ash tray. Of course, the braintrust failed to notice the $20 bill in the armrest. I actually LOL'd when i got in and realized what had happened.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
One of provisions to a "Hate Crime" is the access to federal resources should the crime be classified as a "hate crime"....I can just see the look on your face 'when' or 'if' a loved one of yours was slain and the police said " "Hey, if your daughter were a 'lesbian' and it appeared she was murdered by the
"Lesbian Haters Coalition" we would have a lot better chance at finding the perp. But since she was murdered for sleeping with a guy and the perp acted merely out of jealousy...we (you) don't get those additional resources"
So, are you saying you hate the Feds for not getting involved in every crime?