Hat guidance - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hat guidance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Can't sell out my hat, but Asmel and Bighead got me thinking, I need some endangered species boots.
Ah hellz no! We aren't going to have to loping around the clubhouse in front of nine full length mirrors with your boots, your hat and a single action rig on your otherwise naked form saying things like "Draw Partner" and "I'll meet you at high noon"

JD

Old 02-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #42

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Well, cowboy is taken. You can be the cop, the construction worker, the indian, or the biker. At the YMCA.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
You want them to be snug, but not overly tight with a very slight slip in the heel. There are several different heel & toe styles, you'll just have to figure out what suits you. I like a medium heel and medium point toe (not one for extremes, what can I say). I knew a guy once who said if you couldn't kill a cockroach in a corner is wasn't a cowboy boot, but many who wear boots regularly will swear by roper style boots (low heel and round toe). Check out Bootbarn.com. My personal choice is Nocona and Ariat, but Justin, Larry Mahan, Tony Lama, and several others make excellent boots.

Crocodile, elephant, water buffalo, and ostrich are all very durable hides that will last a lifetime if properly maintained. $200-$500 retail will generally buy you a very good pair of exotic boots depending on the skin/brand.

Since we talked about $5,000 hats, check out these boots...

Lucchesse 125th Anniversary Limited Edition...only 125 pairs of hand tooled American Belly Alligator will be made at $12,500 a pair.
I'm with you on the style( more rounded toe). What I look for is a brand made in the USA. I have a pair of Ariats now that are about worn out. I noticed while checking the size for my next pair, they're made in CHINA
AND... only the uppers are leather, the lowers are man made! I tried on a pair of Tony Lamas the other day, they had some new comfort sole thingy. Man were they comfy! And under $200 I'll be grabbing those soon!. BTW on the hat thing: I grew up in Texas and I was always taught that if you weer in someone else's house, it was impolite to put your hat on the table. Better to hang it up or hang it on your boot toe or knee if sitting. Setting it on the floor brim up is o.k too but most people I know would EVER put their hat on the floor.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #44

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Black Jack Stingray
"TIGER BROWN" Triad
SOMEDAY!

Black Jack Stingray "TIGER BROWN" Triad - NEW

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #45

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

For boots there are working boots like Justin these are boots you are not afariad to get cow sheet on or scuff up. Then you have dress boots like Tony Lama most of their boots are made for dancin not working. Then there are some others out there as well. Now TL does have some work boots but most are for show and not go.

There are many other different makes of boots. Best thing to do is find a good boot dealer and go in and try them on and see what you like. When I wore cowboy boots I liked Justin Lace up ropers. Ropers are shorter boots about 8" high in either pull on or lace up. I liked lace up because my ankles have a habit spraining and giving out.

I went to a place I forget the name of it but it had more boots and hats that any other store on earth. It was like western boot world or something. It was like the wal-mart of boots and hats.

My mom had a crazy cool pair of Justin Lace up ropers. They were made out of wild elk skin. she had to stuff them with newspaper or they would stand straight up. They were so soft and supple it was like touching vine velvet.

Last edited by cpttango30; 02-19-2009 at 02:06 AM.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #46

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The Justins look like the ticket for me. Gotta be functional.

Movie thread people, there was a mafia movie, Dennis Leary gets stingray boots, explains this to Christopher Walken, who then mocks him for his "fish boots". Can't remember the name. Any clue?

Old 02-19-2009, 04:32 AM   #47

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Suicide Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Movie thread people, there was a mafia movie, Dennis Leary gets stingray boots, explains this to Christopher Walken, who then mocks him for his "fish boots". Can't remember the name. Any clue?
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #48

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Ah, good man Asmel. +1.

I gotta get some boots.

Would it be a fashion faux pas if my gun rig didn't match the boots, or should I buy these together?

Old 02-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #49

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

LOL
Now you will get a SA revolver in .45LC and a lever action rifle to complement the outfit.... cool

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #50

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

If you get a hat, you next have to get a pick-up truck. Preferably a Ford or Chevy, but US made for sure. No self respecting cowboy would be caught driving a Japanese truck, or worse yet a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic. I mean, where would you put the gun rack? Then, of course you will need a good pair of boots and a rodeo belt buckle the size of a hub-cap.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved