Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Has anyone seen/used Gun Log for the iphone or Ipad, I find it to be a great range ap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Has anyone seen/used Gun Log for the iphone or Ipad, I find it to be a great range ap

I found a app called "Gun Log" for iPad and iPhone. It lets you track your firearms, reloaded ammunition, range sessions, and can even store pictures of target results. It helps keep all information organized and helps determine a lot of factors affecting firing sets. I would suggest anyone who shoots and has an iPhone or iPad check it out in the app store it is only 99 cents and is well worth it! The Gun Log +P version is 1.99 but adds Icloud functionality for wifi data backup, as well as the ability to generate txt reports that can be e-mailed to be printed. I am going to try and get some screen print examples to add to this post.

Here is the basic layout:

Here is an entry for a firearm:

Here is what the ammunition layout looks like:

Here is a typical hand-load ammo entry:

Here is the firing sessions where you can link rifles to ammo used:

Here is the session information where stance, firearm, ammo, conditions and many other factors can be recorded:

Here is a target linked to the firing set:

Here are some pictures of some of the reporting functions which is one of our best features:

Here is a failure report for my Rugar 10/22:

Here is a weapon configuration photo for my 10/22:

Check it out it is a great range tool.

Really a neat tool for information management especially if you have a large amount of firearms.

It also has a section to catalog accessories purchased for your firearms but I have not begun to start to gather that info yet!

Also want to point out that the information entered into Gun Log is not collected for any purpose.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I agree. I use it, but not all the features.

Ruger LC9 carry
Springfield XD(m) 5.25 9mm
Springfield XD(m) 3.8" 9mm compact
S&W M&P 22
S&W M&P 9
Various black powder and collector guns

Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #3

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That looks pretty interesting. I'll have to give it a look.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sounds like something the Bad Guys or the Gobbermint Folks could use to track you and your toys, all from Black Helicopters while in silent stealth hover mode.