Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Happy Mother's Day Winds-of-Change

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6757 Times on 4084 Posts
Likes Given: 8083

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Happy mothers day, which is every day, as every dying soldiers last words are.................And all those mothers in the military.........come home safe.............wills...............
I have never seen "Saving Private Ryan". But my son told me of the scene where the dying soldier calls out for his Mother. Through tears, I told my son if his Mother could have heard him, she would have swam the ocean to be with him. To this day, I can't watch that movie.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #22

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I should have known this thread existed when I posted on random thoughts. Again happy mothers day ladies !

NEVER FORGET

Old 05-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #23

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Happy Mother's Day FTF ladies!

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6757 Times on 4084 Posts
Likes Given: 8083

Today I went to my daughter's apartment in the morning. I took my waffle make and made her and my granddaughter waffles for breakfast. Then I went to my son's for lunch. I was so excited because he bought me a charcoal smoker. Of course, I have the 'joy' of putting it together but I'm sure I can do that. For lunch, my son went out to buy pop for us and he wanted me to move my car. I was too lazy so I told him to just take my car. The gas tank was empty because I was going to fill it at a particular gas station where I had a 10 cent per gallon discount. Later, as I was heading home, I noticed I had a full tank of gas. My son filled my tank for me. I feel so loved and appreciated.

People Like This 
Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default Mothers day Salute.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I have never seen "Saving Private Ryan". But my son told me of the scene where the dying soldier calls out for his Mother. Through tears, I told my son if his Mother could have heard him, she would have swam the ocean to be with him. To this day, I can't watch that movie.
My father being a Medic durring WW two, these words got to him the most, I want my Momma from dieing soldiers, The other was I allways wanted to see if I had guts.............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 05-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #26
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 917 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Today I went to my daughter's apartment in the morning. I took my waffle make and made her and my granddaughter waffles for breakfast. Then I went to my son's for lunch. I was so excited because he bought me a charcoal smoker. Of course, I have the 'joy' of putting it together but I'm sure I can do that. For lunch, my son went out to buy pop for us and he wanted me to move my car. I was too lazy so I told him to just take my car. The gas tank was empty because I was going to fill it at a particular gas station where I had a 10 cent per gallon discount. Later, as I was heading home, I noticed I had a full tank of gas. My son filled my tank for me. I feel so loved and appreciated.
Winds you got 1 good son and a whole lot of "stepsons and daughters" who also appreciate you.

On the gas subject I drove my dads truck from last November till this april. My car blew up 2 weeks after I had a bad shoulder injury. I missed 3 monthes of work and only got the medical bills paid off and was able to get a car 2 weeks before mom and dad came home from az. this spring. Dad got his truck back with a full tank, a fresh oil change, and a replacement hubcap for the one he lost last year.( I left the grocery store saw the missing hub cap and freaked out wondering where I lost it, turned out I never had it. It was missing before I borrowed the truck.). Last Friday a guy I work with told me he sold has house and had to get rid of the big screen tv, $50.00 and come and get it. Dad can I borrow your truck? Get truck, get tv, stop at station closest to dads on the way home fill up truck. Write down mileage and fuel and mpg in little book dad keeps in truck. Turns out he used 3/4 of a tank since he's been home, and I have filled his tank twice.

No problem, no complaints, that is how it should be. He and mom mow my grass all summer because I work a stupid shift, That and they get to play on the big tractors and leave the trimming to me lol.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #27
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 917 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I went to see it with my now ex. She is a nurse and was on the county emergency catrastrophy team. This is not the proper title but I can't remember the right one. It was the team that would assemble for a nuclear strike or a major chemical spill or whatever. She said the first 5 minutes of that movie were way more traumatic than the training she put in for her work. She said it gave her an idea of what the "WORST" was she was preparing for.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
I went to see it with my now ex. She is a nurse and was on the county emergency catrastrophy team. This is not the proper title but I can't remember the right one. It was the team that would assemble for a nuclear strike or a major chemical spill or whatever. She said the first 5 minutes of that movie were way more traumatic than the training she put in for her work. She said it gave her an idea of what the "WORST" was she was preparing for.
The one thing missing from "Saving Private Ryan" (thank god) were the smells, I don't think that movie would have even been remotely bearable for me if that had been in there.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7823 Times on 4514 Posts
Likes Given: 10063

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
The one thing missing from "Saving Private Ryan" (thank god) were the smells, I don't think that movie would have even been remotely bearable for me if that had been in there.
Heck, the smell is one of the reasons I don't go to the theaters anymore.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.