Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Happy Father's Day (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/happy-fathers-day-44052/)

winds-of-change 06-19-2011 12:31 AM

Happy Father's Day

I wanted to say Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men here on FTF that are loving, attentive and involved fathers. Enjoy the day with your families.

What is a Dad

A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.

A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.

A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail...

~By Susan Ceylise.~

dnthmn2004 06-19-2011 01:16 AM

Slightly early, but Happy Fathers Day!!

My father and I are going to the range tomorrow while the women take care of the kid and cook food :cool:

I'm bringing both Mosin's, two revolvers, my SUR-15 and a full ammo case. My father has gone shooting maybe three times that I can remember. Twice when me and my brother were kids and once this past winter. My mother is anti-gun and made my father get rid of most of his guns when I was born :(. He still regrets getting rid of his Springfield 30-06 with a birds eye maple stock.

I hope tomorrow goes flawlessly and we have a great time.

Gordo323 06-19-2011 02:35 AM

Thanks, WoC, I'm still working out of town, so will visit with the kids/grandkids over the phone.
I do have the 4th July off, so they can make it up to me then :D

winds-of-change 06-19-2011 02:48 AM

Oops, I see Lon started a thread earlier in the day. Sorry for the duplicate Father's Day Thread. :(

Car54 06-19-2011 03:43 AM

Thanks WOC.

Daoust_Nat 06-19-2011 04:02 AM

Thanks. It was something I took pretty seriously, and think I am good friends with my kids now.

I wish all the rest of you guys a Happy Fathers Day!

doctherock 06-19-2011 04:46 AM

Thanks WOC, just wish I had a father worth celebrating. Oh well heres to me and the other fathers here.

winds-of-change 06-19-2011 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctherock (Post 525492)
Thanks WOC, just wish I had a father worth celebrating. Oh well heres to me and the other fathers here.

Does this mean he passed or is there a different meaning here?

spittinfire 06-19-2011 12:52 PM

My father has been a priceless role model in my life. We're stopping by to hang out with my parents for a little while today and I'm planning to take him up to a sporting clays place not far from us as soon as we get the two engines built we're working on and can take a breath.

dog2000tj 06-19-2011 01:47 PM

Happy Father's Day Dad - although you never made it back from your heart attack New Year's night 2008, I sometimes see glimpses of the smile you always had, one that brightens a persons life even on the darkest of days.

I hope and pray you are comfortable and look forward to the day we can talk again

Love ya Pops