Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Happens more times than not

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Hey Flash, maybe she was just accustomed to handcuffing her boyfriend??
Spoken like a true Submariner!

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 AM   #12

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I'm gonna hold judgement on this one, some of the story seems to be missing.
Unfortunately, this does happen quite a bit here in Las Vegas. 99% of it never gets to the news but because Charlie Mitchener decided that after 5 break-ins, and having had NO problems with Metro on previous occasions, this needed to be brought to light. The city of North Las Vegas constantly f**ks with CCW holders and I've been with 3 different friends with CCWs that were hassled by N.L.V. officers after routine traffic stops (1 for a broken tail light, 1 for a brake light out and one for speeding). Boulder City is another area close by that enjoys hassling CCW holders. I know 2 residents of the city who were detained, but not handcuffed, for 45 minutes and 1 hour respectively. The reason given was the "question" of the validity of their CCW. That's bulls**t because the expiration date AND the license holder's photo, is clearly printed on the front of the CCW, just like on our driver's license.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 AM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'd like to change my post now, I completely missed the link at the top that gave the whole story.

I concur, the officer involved should have parking meter duty if she can't find her big girl pants.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #14

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I'd like to change my post now, I completely missed the link at the top that gave the whole story.

I concur, the officer involved should have parking meter duty if she can't find her big girl pants.
You made a completely valid point in your previous post because more times than not a news story only gives sparse details of the event. The news media does engage in sensationalism, many times to up readership, viewership or just to spark interest in their particular media outlet, be it print, television or the internet.