Happens more times than not
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Happens more times than not

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Happens more times than not

VIN SUPRYNOWICZ: Handcuffed, disarmed for obeying the law

Quote:
The responding officer was a lady cop, officer J. Rogers, badge number 13525.

"Upon presentation of my (firearms permit), the officer asked if I had the weapon on me to which I replied yes. She then said to spread my legs and put my hands behind my back. I complied and she then handcuffed me. While doing so, she said that she wanted to make certain 'that we were all safe.' "

Officer Rogers stripped Mr. Mitchener of the Glock 19 he was carrying, took the weapon and locked it in her patrol car.

"Bear in mind that she had yet to clear my office (she was waiting for backup for clearing)," Charlie writes. "So, while remote, there was the possibility that the bad guys were still in my office and would come rushing out, finding me, to their delight, handcuffed. Apparently I was not included in her comment 'that we were all safe.' It is always nice when law-abiding citizens, particularly myself, are disposable.

"An hour or so later, when she had completed her paperwork, she came back in the office; I was in the rear and did not see her enter. She came to me and said that she had put my weapon in the second drawer on the left in the receptionist's desk.

"She then said that she could tell that I was upset with being handcuffed 'like a common criminal.' I explained that I was extremely upset and told her that it was out of respect to her that I provided my (firearms permit) and that the Second Amendment did have some meaning. She replied that the reason she did what she did was because she did not know if I was a bad guy or not. ... I thought to myself, 'How absurd, I apply by the law to obtain permits, and yell it from the housetop that I have a permit and am carrying, just as I presume all bad guys do.'
It sounds, to me, like the lack of experience on the officer's part. Not to mention that I'd say there's a real problem with Officer Rogers being on patrol by herself at this time. She disarmed the only real backup she had if there had been an intruder in the building.

Quote:
...because she did not know if I was a bad guy or not...
I see. She must have experienced this kind of thing before. A bad guy calls the cops reporting himself and then waits to kill said officer when they show up, after he has shown them his legally obtained CCW permit. I don't know how other states handle theirs but in Nevada, your CCW has your photo on it and all semi-autos that you qualified with are printed on the permit. Brilliant.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. North Las Vegas and Boulder City officers constantly hassle CCW holders. They seem to think that your state CCW is not valid in their cities.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2010, 01:33 AM   #2

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Hey Flash, maybe she was just accustomed to handcuffing her boyfriend??

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I would have been upset too, I think her actions were inappropriate at best. There is a local cop in my parents town that is well known for messing with people who carry. He honestly believes that the only people who should have guns are LEOs and he makes sure that you know it. I have yet to run into him personally but I know people who have had to deal with him and the story is always the same. Funny thing is, the Sherriff of that county is super pro gun.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I can see doing it for maybe a minute or two. While I check you out and check your permit and whatnot but after you check out you should get your gun back.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #5

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Hey Flash, maybe she was just accustomed to handcuffing her boyfriend??

Great. Now I've got coffee all over my monitor, desk and keyboard.

At least I drink it black so there's no "additives" to make cleanup too difficult.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

In dude's spot, i would prefer to be put in the back of the patrol car or at least at the front of the car in full view of the dashcam for potential postmortem exoneration.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I'm gonna hold judgement on this one, some of the story seems to be missing.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If it had been me I'd be SERIOUSLY trying to have her job or bring a lawsuit against them. Hell I look like an outlaw anyway so I KNOW I'd be handcuffed-handicapped and all.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I'm gonna hold judgement on this one, some of the story seems to be missing.
I think so too, but we're only getting one side of the coin.

I have heard of law abiding carriers being disarmed before, but not handcuffed.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I think so too, but we're only getting one side of the coin.

I have heard of law abiding carriers being disarmed before, but not handcuffed.
I think you may be right on the coin side.

There was the lawyer's story from last week; he was handcuffed for a bit. Of course, he did fail to completely conceal his handgun, for at least a split second.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.