Handmade Holsters - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Handmade Holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 03:11 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I finally did something I've been wanting to do for awhile now. Get into leatherworking. I bought a few tools off ebay, a few good books, a few square feet of leather, and I dove straight into it.

First attempt was a failure (cosmetically, made a big mistake), but a big learning experience. I took what I learned from that attempt, and made these two holsters. One for a Taurus Model 66, the other for a CZ-52. Both are open carry holsters. Next I'll try my hand at making a concealed carry holster

I think I found a new hobby.
Very nice work brother Very nice.

For the CZ style holster I'd stich around the belt loops to give the leather a bit more support. Next one try your hand at form fitting the leather to the pistol, it will give better retention

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This 
Old 01-10-2014, 03:17 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Very nice work brother Very nice.

For the CZ style holster I'd stich around the belt loops to give the leather a bit more support. Next one try your hand at form fitting the leather to the pistol, it will give better retention
Thanks.

The leather I used is pretty thick, so the form fitting didn't show up very well. It does hold the gun tight though. I can turn the holster upside down and lightly shake it up and down. The gun doesn't budge.

The sewing around the loops is a good idea though. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:32 AM   #33

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Well I won't beat this horse much more. But it is about impression. Hand gunners have all had single stitched holster that failed. The majority of buyers will prefer a double stitch. Do you have any ideas for an open holster for a P-38? I have searched in vain for a non-military holster for the Walther.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:40 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Well I won't beat this horse much more. But it is about impression. Hand gunners have all had single stitched holster that failed. The majority of buyers will prefer a double stitch. Do you have any ideas for an open holster for a P-38? I have searched in vain for a non-military holster for the Walther.
What do you mean by double stitch? Thread overlapping itself? The way a saddle stitch works is you have two threads in every hole going in opposite directions. Even if a thread breaks, it doesn't unravel.

As for the P-38, what kind of holster were you interested in? Modern like the one I made for the CZ-52, or maybe Western? I'd be happy to make you one.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:57 AM   #35

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

A double row of thread. If one fails the second row holds the gun. Bottom stitches in holsters and saddle scabbards often fail and push thru a single row of thread.
Yes, The CZ-52 style would be great. The holsters for P-38 and P-1 Walthers are impossible to find other than a military flap. Let me know?

Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
A double row of thread. If one fails the second row holds the gun. Bottom stitches in holsters and saddle scabbards often fail and push thru a single row of thread.
Yes, The CZ-52 style would be great. The holsters for P-38 and P-1 Walthers are impossible to find other than a military flap. Let me know?
PM sent.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:23 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3182 Times on 1807 Posts
Likes Given: 18426

It,s a Ruger 22/45 Lite.! All it needs is signature , one of a kind + good way for people to see your work..! We'll , as usual , it,is upside down.! PM ME..,
The missing cropped part is 1 5/8"....!the scope , it,s 7 "" long..!

image.jpg  

Last edited by dango; 01-10-2014 at 07:30 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
It,s a Ruger 22/45 Lite.! All it needs is signature , one of a kind + good way for people to see your work..! We'll , as usual , it,is upside down.! PM ME..,
The missing cropped part is 1 5/8"....!the scope , it,s 7 "" long..!
Dango, that looks familiar, was that gun used in the movie, Men in Black?