Handguns for wolves
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Handguns for wolves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Handguns for wolves

Part 2 the return..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #2

Liked 5004 Times on 2427 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I don't hunt wolves and I've not heard of any sightings in NE Washington State where I deer hunt but because I do hunt with a single shot TC .30-06 I also carry my Smith 629 .44 Mag "just in case" I'm set upon by anything on 4 legs...or two.

Tack

Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I pack my 629 also whenever im in the woods too. Great shooter that gun

Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #4

Liked 205 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 109

We don't have wolves in Calif. We do have black bears and mountain lions though.

A wolf is larger than a lion but smaller than a bear.

I generally have my S&W model 29 .44 rem mag revolver with me at all times whenever in the woodlands and mountains, and that should work well for either of the three animals, if confronted.

The only time I would not have it with me in the woodlands or mountains is during archery season, when DFG laws forbid it. But in that case any broadhead would do nicely instead.

s-w-.44-rem-mag.jpg  

Old 05-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #5

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee
We don't have wolves in Calif. We do have black bears and mountain lions though.

A wolf is larger than a lion but smaller than a bear.

I generally have my S&W model 29 .44 rem mag revolver with me at all times whenever in the woodlands and mountains, and that should work well for either of the three animals, if confronted.

The only time I would not have it with me in the woodlands or mountains is during archery season, when DFG laws forbid it. But in that case any broadhead would do nicely instead.
Thought you were into sticks?

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

That's all a real man needs after all

Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Against a pack of animals a hiking stick used as a lion tamers crook would not do you any good. It's good to have with you at all times. But if you were faced with a wolfpack situation as in Alaska and Canada you would instead need to start blasting away before the first wolf got hold of you. Wolfpacks can grow to a dozen, so you better bring enough ammo with you on your gunbelt as well.

Lions and bears are solitary animals, and so the wolfpack problem would not be an issue with them.

Did you get all that? There will be a test on it later.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Female Bowhunter shoots wolf at 10 feet in self defense

This huge wolf was taken by grandmother and avid bowhunter Rene Anderson. The wolf spotted Anderson then ran at her from down wind. Realizing that this wolf showed no fear, she shot the wolf at a mere 10 feet.

http://biggameforever.org/blog/2011/12/11/female-bowhunter-shoots-wolf-at-10-feet-in-self-defense/
we spent millions of $$$ eradicating these evil creatures and tree hugging morons are bringing these things back

yes wolves do not fear people they do not run from people. humans are a under the wolf on the food chain. despite common myth wolves do attack and eat people. ask the russians in siberia about how gentle wolves are

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #9

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Against a pack of animals a hiking stick used as a lion tamers crook would not do you any good. It's good to have with you at all times. But if you were faced with a wolfpack situation as in Alaska and Canada you would instead need to start blasting away before the first wolf got hold of you. Wolfpacks can grow to a dozen, so you better bring enough ammo with you on your gunbelt as well.

Lions and bears are solitary animals, and so the wolfpack problem would not be an issue with them.

Did you get all that? There will be a test on it later.
Oh yea, my comprehension is grand...

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
we spent millions of $$$ eradicating these evil creatures and tree hugging morons are bringing these things back

yes wolves do not fear people they do not run from people. humans are a under the wolf on the food chain. despite common myth wolves do attack and eat people. ask the russians in siberia about how gentle wolves are
There have also been documented attacks in Alaska and Canada as well.