Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   "Handgun Enthusiast" In The News. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/handgun-enthusiast-news-8812/)

gorknoids 11-29-2008 08:09 PM

"Handgun Enthusiast" In The News.

Concealed carrying in an establishment which serves liquor. Anyone want to bet that this jerk walks? (Or..."limps"?)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/11/29/2008-11-29_giants_receiver_plaxico_burress_accident.html

AND, to top it ALL off, my team is playing my son's team tomorrow. The Giants should sue this nitwit for endangering the season.

sgtdeath66 11-30-2008 04:41 AM

ofcourse hell walk hes rich and famous, i think he should be imprisoned like us "no-bodies" would be, also i think its crap that the police still havent gotten the gun invovled in their possesion. bad cop work if u ask me

dragunovsks 11-30-2008 06:38 PM

Quote; "But a hospital spokeswoman denied that Burress was ever there."

Isn't it a federal law that the police are to be notified in the event of a shooting, accidental or otherwise? He needs a gun to protect himself no more than I need one to protect myself and I can't carry in a nightclub. I (and a friend) were actually mugged leaving a nightclub once but who is gonna mug a pro-football player.

ScottG 12-01-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 53328)
but who is gonna mug a pro-football player.

A bigger thug?

Just because he's an athlete, doesn't mean that criminals are in awe of him or others like him. They're perfect targets because most of them are carrying something of value. Criminals want things of value, thus pro athletes are targeted.

falseharmonix 12-01-2008 04:51 AM

Perhaps carrying 'loads of cash' and 'flashy jewelry' into a night club is the same as having a huge neon sign above your head that says "hey, I'm loaded, come assault me and take my goods"....

Maybe you shouldn't advertise things like that, and you wont feel the need to carry a gun (illegally) to protect yourself.

But agreed with sgtdeath66, he will likely walk away from this incident with a scar on his thigh, and a slap on the wrist from the courts. The rest of us Joe 6-packs would get an anal probing from the judge.....money and fame sure talks....

ScottG 12-01-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falseharmonix (Post 53485)
The rest of us Joe 6-packs would get an anal probing from the judge.....

So ordered by the Honorable Judge B Frank....

Benning Boy 12-01-2008 02:20 PM

1) A holster would solve that pesky sliding down your pantleg problem.

2) As an enthusiast, I'm sure you know about that little switch they call a "safety". It's there for a reason.

3) They make these little cards that allow you to carry legally. Not terribly expensive, either.

4) Since we are granted free will, you don't have to follow along with the "Now that I have money, I can be a ******* idiot" philosophy that lands so many sports icons in the "Once filthy rich, he died bankrupt and penniless" sidebar on sports talk shows.

Anyone know what the gun was?

Dillinger 12-01-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

As Burress was being led into a VIP area, with a drink in his hand, the gun slipped down his pants leg. He reached for the weapon, but fumbled it and it went off
I'm betting one of the plastic wonder pistols with the "safety" on the trigger.

A positive on/off lock safety & a grip safety would have prevented this. As would someone with some "F"ing common sense to not allow this arrogant bastard into the club in the first place....

Moron.

Benning Boy 12-01-2008 02:43 PM

I'm leaning to Desert Eagle, for the "Thug" factor, but his leg would be gone.

Likely some cheap suicide special.

Dillinger 12-01-2008 02:56 PM

Plus the Eagle has a slide mounted safety. A revolver isn't going to go off when you reach for it - it had to be an early Glock or something along those lines.....

Brings back the memories of these famous last words:

"I am the only one in here, that I know of, who is trained to handle the Glock .40" BANG!! :rolleyes: