Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hamilton Model 27 Info?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 04:56 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8044 Times on 4640 Posts
Likes Given: 10380

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Lol True, I just get frustrated with my phone on "qwerty" mode and have to use the damn "swype" method, and i thought it had worked. My apologies sir
Heh. You know what first came to mind? Back when semi-auto pistols were starting to replace revolvers as service weapons in law enforcement they said that the semi's were better because they held more rounds and reloading a fresh magazine was faster. Officers carrying semi's would "spray and pray" whereas LEOS packing revolvers would carefully place their shots for maximum effectiveness. Kind of like with you and your "smart phone" versus me with my old school computer and a keyboard. I'm not saying one is better than the other, I am just saying that I am a dinosaur.

Anyhow, no apology needed.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hamilton 27

I have four of the old Hamilton 27s and it seems none of them are exactly alike. All, however, have the brass tube for the "inner bbl" and with a steel tubular piece covering the brass.

There are at least two bbl lengths in the group, and one of them has a different shaped forearm....storter and tapered to a smaller thickness. One has a buttplate and the others do not. I am probably wrong, but I would guess that Hamilton made the design changes rather than young owners.

I have several other Hamiltons including the Visible Loader, the model 51 and the model 15.....they facinate me!

I am glad to have found this forum.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslack
I have four of the old Hamilton 27s and it seems none of them are exactly alike. All, however, have the brass tube for the "inner bbl" and with a steel tubular piece covering the brass.

There are at least two bbl lengths in the group, and one of them has a different shaped forearm....storter and tapered to a smaller thickness. One has a buttplate and the others do not. I am probably wrong, but I would guess that Hamilton made the design changes rather than young owners.

I have several other Hamiltons including the Visible Loader, the model 51 and the model 15.....they facinate me!

I am glad to have found this forum.
Hey there, welcome! This thread is a few months old but I'm sure you'll love it here, why don't you stop by the introductions area and tell us about yourself?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8044 Times on 4640 Posts
Likes Given: 10380

Welcome Aslack, and thanks for responding to my thread (even if it is a couple of months old (@ Pagj17.)) Where are you located? And do stop in to the introductions thread.