Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Had to put my old friend to sleep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
My daughter couldn't stand seeing me in the shape I was in after losing Moz she said, although it seemed too soon, she brought me a new pup yesterday. I took him in my truck around the farm and told him of the big shoes he'd have to fill. I showed him all the favorite places too.
He told me his name was Ace.

I think we're going to be OK now.

Hi A man like you has enough love in his heart for another pup enjoy . good looking pup. have fun . trapper1

Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #42

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Well....damn...the time came. I had to put my 14 year old lab down yesterday. One of the hardest moments in my long life so far. That old feller and I went down a lot of roads and trails together.
I guess the bottom line is, even as an old guy, one thing is true....if you can't shed a tear over the loss of your dog....you never deserved to have him in the first place.

Adios' Mozart. You were a damn good friend.

Man I"m really sorry to hear you had to do that. My animals are like kids to me. I'm very sorry for your loss.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
My daughter couldn't stand seeing me in the shape I was in after losing Moz she said, although it seemed too soon, she brought me a new pup yesterday. I took him in my truck around the farm and told him of the big shoes he'd have to fill. I showed him all the favorite places too.
He told me his name was Ace.

I think we're going to be OK now.

Sounds like your daughter and Ace are both keepers!

He's a cutie.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly