Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Had One of THOSE days? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/had-one-those-days-7123/)

Dillinger 09-25-2008 10:14 PM

Had One of THOSE days?
 
So today was one of THOSE days.

Every ringing of the phone was another person demanding something.

Every E-mail was another person wanting immediate attention to their personal concern and wanting it RIGHT NOW.

Every person stopping by the office just needed a few minutes of my precious time to address THEIR problem.

By 1000 I was ready to commit suicide.

By 1200 I was ready to commit multiple homicides.

By 1400 I was pretty much ready to go scorched Earth on everything within the county I have to cover.

Maybe it was the first real rain of the true Fall season. It puts a real delay on construction. Maybe it was some sort of full moon thing. Maybe it was just chaos day for EVERYONE I had to deal with.

I don't know, but I do know that I am about as stressed out as I have been in quite awhile and I have to "entertain" this evening. We are having 2 couples over for dinner. Lucky me...

So, how do you guys chill out at the end of the day when you can't get out to shoot the shi'ite out of something, you can't blow anything up & you can't hide under the bed?

JD

SGT-MILLER 09-25-2008 10:18 PM

Playing with my kids always does it for me.

If the kids are somewhere else, then quality time alone with my wife will calm me.

user4 09-25-2008 10:30 PM

I murder bad guys on the Xbox 360... or I play poker. Poker is better, but the screaming of bad guys kinda cheers me up.

Mark F 09-25-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 42282)
So today was one of THOSE days.

Every ringing of the phone was another person demanding something.

couples over for dinner. Lucky me... start your shooting here!
So, how do you guys chill out at the end of the day when you can't get out to shoot the shi'ite out of something, you can't blow anything up & you can't hide under the bed?

JD

JD, According to what I have found; a thing has more net value than a something. It appears that everyone has at least several somethings and almost no things, which makes them nothings. I like nothings, I have many nothings. A few of my nothings are worth about the same as a used thing and often as good as a something. Some day when I'm rich with lots things and somethings, I will donate all of my my nothings to JD, as everyone needs a little nothing to do now an then... When all else fails, hang the bastards.

Dillinger 09-25-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ineffable (Post 42291)
I murder bad guys on the Xbox 360... or I play poker. Poker is better, but the screaming of bad guys kinda cheers me up.

I've finished all my games. :(

I need a new game to focus some aggression towards. I am waiting for a couple of game releases that will come out next year.

What are you playing now Ineff?

JD

Dillinger 09-25-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 42295)
JD, According to what I have found; a thing has more net value than a something. It appears that everyone has at least several somethings and almost no things, which makes them nothings. I like nothings, I have many nothings. A few of my nothings are worth about the same as a used thing and often as good as a something. Some day when I'm rich with lots things and somethings, I will donate all of my my nothings to JD, as everyone needs a little nothing to do now an then... When all else fails, shoot the bastards.


That's just awesome. That's one of your best posts ever.... *laughing*

Thanks Bro!

JD

user4 09-26-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 42296)
I've finished all my games. :(

I need a new game to focus some aggression towards. I am waiting for a couple of game releases that will come out next year.

What are you playing now Ineff?

JD

Just bought my box, so I am playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (OMG this rules!) My only other game is the Orange Box (Half Life 2:episode 2. I love this series)

I am waiting for call of duty 4 in the mail, but that's more of a run and gun game like quake or unreal tournament, not a combat strategy game like Ghost Recon.

flbandit 09-26-2008 12:46 AM

Get an airsoft pistol and a cat!!

cbw 09-26-2008 12:54 AM

Put some batteries in a flashlight backwards, suck all the light out of the room, and check out your night sights!

Dillinger 09-26-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flbandit (Post 42325)
Get an airsoft pistol and a cat!!

LOL - Great Idea. I hate cats....

JD


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.