Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hackers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Hackers

Let me just say that hackers who do damage to a companies servers and ruin a good time for others by doing so should be beaten severely and fed to the pygmies in new Guinea.

The Playstation Network was hacked and has been down for over three days now. This is costing the company millions of dollars in sales and future sales. I love playing games online when I have a chance and haven't been able to. Time for harsher penalties for cyber crimes. Do like they do in China and make an example of them in the streets. Hang em from their balls from computer cables till they drop. Companies need the income to keep people employed so that the economy can keep rolling. This not only effects the Playstation empire, it effects the sales in all the stores that carry the Playstation products.

Sorry for the rant but this is something that pisses me off.

This is straight from the Paystation network.

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Last edited by doctherock; 04-24-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2011, 07:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Sorry for the rant but this is something that pisses me off.
I read your post, again, but I couldn't find any reason to apologize???

As a matter of fact, I'm with ya! Back in my "hacking" days, I didn't cause any damage, it was more about having access to the information! The ones that cause damage should suffer more serious penalties than I would feel comfortable posting on the interweb....

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 04-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #3

Especially now with all the companies that are still in the red on their finances. This makes people want to steer away from the system.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

...xbox ftw... On a side note somewhat related to this. Did Sony ever get the whole boondogle with their "startup code" or whatever being hacked and figured out? Not to long ago apparently someone figured out the code required to play games on the ps3 and released them on the internet. Sony was saying there was not much they could do about it because the code is somehow permantly tied to the disc drives.... Basicly unless they recalled all of the ps3's to have them replaced (which wouldnt work anyway because the people who wanted to steal the games would simply not send theirs in) all they can do is have new codes in the new consoles... except new games then would no longer work on the old consoles because the codes would not be the same... Im kinda suprised the ps3 even exists anymore after that, let alone anyone wanting to make games for it. Anyone could simply go online and download the games with the code in them and burn it to a disc and have the game for free.

The upshot is that it wont have that much of an effect on retailers because ps3's are the least popular gaming platform of the big three (1st. wii 2nd. 360 3rd. ps3)... I am sorry that you have to deal with that crap though, even though i think the ps3 (like all of sony products) is highly overrated, I think the people who were suckered into it shouldnt have to suffer for sony's failure to keep their systems secure.... And really thats who is to blame, Sony. Sure the hacker is wrong as well, but as much money as these gigantic companies make off of people they should atleast have the decency to keep their systems secure.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Every time i get a copy of Malware Doctor on my pc and have to engage in glorious battle with it i wana take every computer nerd sitting in their basments writing these programs and put my foot through their face, i know how you feel.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
Every time i get a copy of Malware Doctor on my pc and have to engage in glorious battle with it i wana take every computer nerd sitting in their basments writing these programs and put my foot through their face, i know how you feel.
Amen brother. Little bastards need to fell the wrath of DOC. Been a long time since I had to beat the sh!t out of someone.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
...xbox ftw... On a side note somewhat related to this. Did Sony ever get the whole boondogle with their "startup code" or whatever being hacked and figured out? Not to long ago apparently someone figured out the code required to play games on the ps3 and released them on the internet. Sony was saying there was not much they could do about it because the code is somehow permantly tied to the disc drives.... Basicly unless they recalled all of the ps3's to have them replaced (which wouldnt work anyway because the people who wanted to steal the games would simply not send theirs in) all they can do is have new codes in the new consoles... except new games then would no longer work on the old consoles because the codes would not be the same... Im kinda suprised the ps3 even exists anymore after that, let alone anyone wanting to make games for it. Anyone could simply go online and download the games with the code in them and burn it to a disc and have the game for free.

The upshot is that it wont have that much of an effect on retailers because ps3's are the least popular gaming platform of the big three (1st. wii 2nd. 360 3rd. ps3)... I am sorry that you have to deal with that crap though, even though i think the ps3 (like all of sony products) is highly overrated, I think the people who were suckered into it shouldnt have to suffer for sony's failure to keep their systems secure.... And really thats who is to blame, Sony. Sure the hacker is wrong as well, but as much money as these gigantic companies make off of people they should atleast have the decency to keep their systems secure.
What these folks need is a redundant system to keep stuff up and running in the case of hackers. I love the graphics and blu ray capability of playstation My boy has an XBox 360 and the graphics are worse than my ps3.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Hack the planet HACK THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Hack the planet HACK THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!
Someone already did, his name is Obama.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Man you guys need to brush up on your hacker movie. Look up hackers