Gym/weightlifting,anybody with me?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Gym/weightlifting,anybody with me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Default Gym/weightlifting,anybody with me?

Found a couple new guns at the gym over this past year...

image-1585805307.jpg

Anybody else wanna talk gym routines?

---Shoot To Thrill---

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #2

Liked 4746 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 1135

Are you taking anything, if so what? I prefer HIIT type workouts, namely the Gracie workout. I take protein, fish oil, and that's about it.
For cardio I try to do 7, 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag every few days, and the speed bag every day if I can.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Ahhhhh to be young and not have joints that ache when the weather changes.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 04-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I use to workout, but then I realized if I need to push anything off my chest that's over 200 lbs, I drank way too much the night before.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Are you taking anything, if so what? I prefer HIIT type workouts, namely the Gracie workout. I take protein, fish oil, and that's about it.
For cardio I try to do 7, 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag every few days, and the speed bag every day if I can.
I drink two scoops of isopure protein as soon as my feet hit the ground in the mornings,a pre-workout before heading to the gym after work,and another two scoops of isopure after the gym. And then if I have time run a couple miles before bed as far as cardio goes,I usually get about 3-4 runs in a week. I eat a lot of deli-sliced turkey and have a cliff protein bar for lunch,so lots of protein in my diet too. I want to take some kind of martial arts classes,like aikimbo (sp) or krav maga for the benefits that would carry over into real world self defense but there's not any of those gyms near me,just kick-boxing. And I'm not completely sure I could find the time for those type classes. Now I'm wishing I would have wrestled in high-school instead of football like my dad tried to get me to do.

My best arm workout I like is a crossfit type workout,high-rep and high intensity workout like your talking about I believe,arms feel like jelly after and you get a huge pump. It's called the gauntlet arm workout by musclepharm. If you google it the Facebook link is the one that I got it from.

---Shoot To Thrill---

Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Dude I was just thinking bout if ppl on here lifted yesterday when I was at the gym! Im hitting legs today. As far as a preworkout goes I take 400 mg of caffine and some beta alanine. It works great. I stopped taking jack3d and others like it because of the crash and also because it can give you a false positive for amphetamines on a drug test. Ppl will say its not true but it is because its the 1-3dimethy it contains. They took anything with it in it off the shelves at the gnc here on base. If ur in the military and they don't sell it on base u shouldn't be taking it so I don't take it.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #7

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Damn boy, I always knew the day would come when you could take me. It appears that day has come. So proud of how you have gone from boy to young man.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

worked out back yesterday...do any of you people workout out alternate days? this is my workout right now:

mon: chest
tue: legs
wed: back
thurs: cardio for 30mins/abs
friday: arms
saturday: shoulders
sunday: rest

taking gold standard whey protein right now, two scoops. and casein before bed and fish oil.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by 94browninghunt; 04-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
worked out back yesterday...do any of you people workout out alternate days? this is my workout right now:

mon: chest
tue: legs
wed: back
thurs: cardio for 30mins/abs
friday: arms
saturday: shoulders
sunday: rest

taking gold standard whey protein right now, two scoops. and casein before bed and fish oil.
My workout split goes like this

Monday: Back/biceps
Tuesday:Chest/triceps
Wednesday: Deltoids/Traps/Shoulders
Thursday: a little light legwork(already got big legs from running,plus I won't run if they are too sore) along with forearms and anything I feel like I didn't get good enough earlier in the week
Friday: That gauntlet arm workout by musclepharm late at night when the gyms not full.

---Shoot To Thrill---

Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #10

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I don't like being in an actual gym so I work out home wearing boxers (it's all about comfort). I have 2 sets of dumbbells and a bench, I do 45 mins of my own workouts every 2 days. I only take protein supplements, one scoop before working out, one scoop after working out, no morning shake, no pills, only 100% protein. It's funny as I was typing this UPS delivered (one day early) my ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Natural Chocolate. For 3 years I used GNC 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, and for the last 3 weeks I was using Muscle Milk Protein Powder. I recently started a thread about lead exposure at the range which got me to research if there were any heavy metals in whey protein and to my surprise, the Muscle Milk ranked #1 in heavy metal content. Optimum Nutrition had the lowest (negligible) amounts so I decided to go with their Natural Chocolate to get rid of artificial sweeteners as well as the heavy metals. You gotta be really careful with what you put into your body, the nutrition facts labels don't tell you how much arsenic, lead, cadmium etc. there is in the powder. Combined with shooting every week at a poorly ventilated range, I really got keep my heavy metal intake as low as possible. Optimum Nutrition has their own plant (apparently) so they have much better control over quality. I'm about to taste for the first time Optimum Nutrition and I'm getting ready for the worse since it's their Natural powder and usually natural anything with that kinda stuff tastes really bad It's sad because Muscle Milk got the taste right and their nutrition facts are AWESOME, aside from using artificial sweeteners and containing heavy metals. Also one thing I hate about all the other protein supplements I've had is that day-long sweet taste in my mouth, I just realized that was probably caused by the artificial sweeteners so hopefully this new powder will get rid of that. This is actually amazing timing because I was about to work out until I got slowed down by reading this thread and then UPS dropped off my package

EDIT: just tried it in 8oz of water and to my surprise, I like it better than anything I've ever tried. Not sweet, I could probably even blend it in 6oz of water instead but it almost has a dark chocolate flavor which I prefer over milk chocolate

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Last edited by 2ndAmendmentFreedom; 04-12-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Newest Threads