Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Guys, I need your help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/guys-i-need-your-help-14514/)

dog2000tj 06-05-2009 08:56 PM

Guys, I need your help

After much soul searching recently I have realized that I have developed a massive dependency problem. :( Being a quiet and private man this problem is not something I can admit to easily. Those closest to me have noticed this for a while now and some have even spoken up and even offered help. Of course I was not ready to accept the reality of the situation so their offers were declined.

Although I have come to this realization and now admit to my problem I do not know if I have the courage to overcome it. :( My family support in this matter is shaky at best and my closest friends are spread out geographically. This past week has conclusively proven that I am incapable of rational thought. It may be that I will need the help of the fine members of this forum for as much moral support as you all can afford. :o

You see, I cannot stop buying firearms parts for my AR's. It all started with a small suggestion to buy an AR15 and an AR10. Simple enough, yet at the time I couldn't possibly imagine such a small thing to grow so out of control. Not only have I become consumed by my AR15 and AR10, I have also endeavored on a customized AR15. I have spent countless hours scouring the internet in search of information. I have spent even more countless hours looking for available parts. Even when the parts are listed as back-ordered I am compelled to whip out the plastic and charge away. I wake in the middle of the night, running comparisons through my head. Mentally checking to see if I have acquired all the parts I need for my babies. I see no light at the end of the tunnel, only more AR's.

Please, I beg you. Help me. :D

Disclaimer: to those that personally suffer or have family or friends that suffer from dependency I mean no harm. God bless.

dunerunner 06-05-2009 09:01 PM

You dug this hole, you find a way out!! :D

There is always sublimation!! Substitute something else for your AR addiction, like; Ah, how about a nice .308 tactical bolt gun?

orangello 06-05-2009 09:04 PM

I'm kinda glad there aren't inexpensive AR10's on every corner; i'd be making the block a lot. :D I don't shoot enough to deserve the priviledge of owning an AR10, but one day i'll break down & get one.

skullcrusher 06-05-2009 09:12 PM

Dog, you do realize that coming to us with that problem is kinda like going to an opium den to discuss kicking opium.

dog2000tj 06-05-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 113671)
You dug this hole, you find a way out!! :D

Well, I'll just do as the current administration is doing. I'll dig deeper and deeper until I get to the other side. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 113672)
I don't shoot enough to deserve the priviledge of owning an AR10, but one day i'll break down & get one.

Give in to the dark side and feel the power, it is such a rush ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 113675)
Dog, you do realize that coming to us with that problem is kinda like going to an opium den to discuss kicking opium.

So your saying theirs hope? Phew, for a minute there I thought I was in trouble :p

LegatoRedrivers 06-05-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 113675)

Wait, you mean this isn't an opium den?

*puts down pipe* :(

Jo da Plumbr 06-05-2009 09:37 PM

Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery.

The next step is to pack up all that contraband...and ship it to me

Minionsram 06-05-2009 09:37 PM

I will help you dog!

Send all ar's and vairiants to me ( ill pay for the shipping) and any time you want to spend more cash on them send that to me as well:D

I will do it for YOU, but this one time only offer will expire.............never:D

Jo da Plumbr 06-05-2009 09:42 PM

I was first Minion:mad::mad::mad:

bobbyb13 06-05-2009 09:43 PM

Egg sucking dawg.

I started to be concerned there for a minute. I hope your butt grows together and you can't crap for a month. :eek: Send that stuff to I'll suffer through it. Low down VARMIT.