This guy goes through .50 Cal ammo like CRAZY! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > This guy goes through .50 Cal ammo like CRAZY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

There is an Armalite AR-50 bolt action at my local Shop for $2999. No use for it really. So I passed.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_drill View Post
yeah i didnt think about that one. but off course it would have to be mounted.
Even mounted, a ma deuce is overkill. You can stockpile way more ammo for a SAW, can carry it on foot if you're not going too far, and unless the zeds have helicopters, 7.62mm NATO will do just as well, and can be used in your rifle, too.

Now, if it's civil war/international war/terrorism, the OFF of the M2 might come into play a little more.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
Even mounted, a ma deuce is overkill. You can stockpile way more ammo for a SAW, can carry it on foot if you're not going too far, and unless the zeds have helicopters, 7.62mm NATO will do just as well, and can be used in your rifle, too.

Now, if it's civil war/international war/terrorism, the OFF of the M2 might come into play a little more.
true. for the zed a m240 or a pig would suffice. the saw would be a good dismount weapon too,hell i spent the last 3 years carrying that thing

""If we need a programmer, I just go down to engineering or the signals division. For marketing people, I go to the psychological operations division. There's a finance battalion where all the accountants work. And then, for just about any other job you might have, go to the infantry barracks ? those guys are trained to handle anything." ~ Clarence Briggs

two wrongs dont make a right, but it makes us even!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_drill View Post
true. for the zed a m240 or a pig would suffice. the saw would be a good dismount weapon too,hell i spent the last 3 years carrying that thing
Heh, I have a buddy in ROTC that wants to be a gunner. Only guy in his platoon to qualify with it so far, he tells me. Thanks for your service.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:24 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

"Abrams, don't leave home without it."

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Guys...guys. Don't you KNOW .50 cals can take out an Airbus at 2kms??

That's evil, societally subversive sh*t right there!

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 01-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #17

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Guys...guys. Don't you KNOW .50 cals can take out an Airbus at 2kms??

That's evil, societally subversive sh*t right there!
That was similar to the discussion I overheard at one of the local Las Vegas gun shops I frequently visit for range time and gun purchases. They've got a Barrett sitting on their display shelf (I've never asked if it's for sale) and some tourists from the People's Republik of Kalifornia were in the store to rent a machine gun to fire on the range. They were saying the Barrett is a dangerous weapon because it can "shoot down a plane." Gee, just about any rifle can do that if you happen to hit the right place.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
That was similar to the discussion I overheard at one of the local Las Vegas gun shops I frequently visit for range time and gun purchases. They've got a Barrett sitting on their display shelf (I've never asked if it's for sale) and some tourists from the People's Republik of Kalifornia were in the store to rent a machine gun to fire on the range. They were saying the Barrett is a dangerous weapon because it can "shoot down a plane." Gee, just about any rifle can do that if you happen to hit the right place.

Exactly the same reason given by our Govt for outlawing this calibre. They even went so far as to say that they were protecting the country not only from that danger, but also from "the rampant excesses of American-style gun idiocy"

HOWEVER...we *can* have .416...so doesn't that kinda shoot their argument down in flames? (no pun intended lol) Have no idea where you be legally allowed to shoot it though...certainly not on any public range. Maybe only on your privately owned rural property (WITH proper documented approval, no doubt).

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 AM   #19
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1953 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 4093

I was in Sportsman Warehouse a few months ago, in the store she said, "You can have any gun; however, no East Bloc or Chinese made!" A juicy .50 Cal was sitting on the counter for $3400.00 Scope and all. The look on her face at the site of that toy and me, ready to hold her to her words! Priceless! Did not buy, purchased another pistol instead.

Tags
50 caliber, ak-47, ar-15, barrett, video